Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Light and Dark Tags



wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Tag You're It 

Make a tag or add a tag to your creation!
This week we are showcasing Ranger Products this week. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I made two tags for this challenge mainly because I was keen on the dark tags colours and I planned to emphasise the light coloured because thats the one I prefer. That was till I got a little reminder that my link on the challenge blog was to Stampers Anonymous and not to Ranger. Lucky for me the Dark tag I used Ranger Distress Crayons set 7. Ok I wasn't keen on the colours even when I smothered it with water and tried blottering some of it off but it does work well with the dark version of my tag.

I also had wee accident with the Perspective butterfly when I was rolling it with pen, maybe the Ranger Watercolour Card (ooh look something else thats Ranger forgot this too)  was still a bit wet. I'm not telling what happened, I'll let you find it!

So now with the tag, I made my own and decided to use Simon Says Stamp Leaves Background stamp and I used two Simon Says Stamp Inkpad Willow for the darker one and Jellybean for the light tag.

I used the same inkpads with a Inkylicious Ink Dusters to make the lighter colour behind the leaves.


To give more interest to the tags I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Wildflowers in white and black, I also add some black ink round the dark tag to make it more grungy.

I used the same Butterfly stamp as the dark one but I used Versamark with WOW white embossing powder and blended with some colour with a blending tool to get into the small spaces. I used Simon Says Stamps Mini Hybrid Ink cubes.


I still prefer my light colour tag.


Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

10 comments:

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous tags Debby x

Lin said...

Both versions are lovely, Debby! That butterfly is beautiful!

Tracy Freeman said...

Both look fantastic, love the contrast between them both x

Pat said...

Two gorgeous tags Debby and love them both. The darker one is more grungy, and the lighter one is looking to Spring. I love the TH wildflower die too. x

Juls said...

These are just stunning xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tags Debby, both of them are fabulous and so pretty but my eye is drawn more towards the darker one ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tags Debby! Those butterflies are so pretty xx

Cheryl W. said...

They're both lovely, Debby!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Both lovely but the light one is my fave

Maureen Reiss said...

Really Beautiful tags!!