Friday, March 17, 2017

Demelza


My Demelza blanket was going well, Part 1 completed, Part 2 also completed but I have a serious problem counting  because I needed eight squares and ended up doing nine.

Have to say part three as given me no end of trouble, in the end I had to do what hate and that is watch an u-tube. Esther In a nutshell does a video of all the parts, when I saw part 3 was 52 minutes I nearly gave up but I was determined it wasn't going to beat me and since technology behaved I was able to fast forward and pause.

The other problem I had which is my fault I downloaded the pattern in UK terms most of my patterns use US terms. A couple of UK crocheters even use US terms and now I know why my brain works better with US terms too.

And yet another problem that I'm trying to ignore, I plan to make all the last rows in cream so when it comes to joining I can use the invisible way I used for Charlottes dream, which means all the part one square needs one row frogged and then use cream for that last row. I'm not sure it will work but it might suit my ocd.

Enough waffling, I'm off to Bracknell for a weekend of Scrapbooking with loads of scrapbookers who understand the need to buy paper you probably can't bring yourself to use. There be sweets, alcohol and laughter, can't wait.

7 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

beautiful squares and amazing colours Debby

Anne

Juls said...

Looking good xx

Fikreta said...

it's wonderful!
have a great day!

Pat said...

The patterns for this are beautiful Debby and I love the colours, and I know how you feel about not being beaten by it. Enjoy your scrapbooking weekend. x

Sarah said...

This is going to be stunning Debby. The colours are beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, these look so complicated Debby - LOVE your colour theme :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous, love the patterns and colours