Friday, March 22, 2019

Oh no not more Crocheting


Finally my Blizzard Warning Blanket is done, I've used a Flat Braid Join, the tutorial I used was from here. She used 3 chains which give a holely border but I've seen one for 2 chains which mean't be better. 


So on to my next blanket, this Seaside Winter Blanket vintage style, to be honest I was going to make another Helen Shrimpton design but it got throw across the room to many times to mention although at the time I wasn't 100%.



Just realised I haven't show my completed Lost Garden from Helen Shrimpton. Apologies for the wonky square its the angle and size made it awkward to photo, its a bit fuzzy too but that because the photographer as wonky hands.


I've subscribed to Crochet Now so I don't miss any while they do a CAL with Helen Shrimpton (can guess my favourite designer) and the gift was some fabulous Stylecraft Special DK to make it with. But I have an issue with Shrimp and that the rest of colours are solid apart from that blue fleck.


I also wanted it to be masculine rather than pretty colours so I've added Mustard instead of the pink and Storm for flecky wool. Yes I'm happy now, I think the my subscription copy comes early and should be this weekend.

5 comments:

Carole Eaton said...

They are beautiful, love the colour combos, I bet that was heavy to work on towards the end!

Pat said...

Such beautiful work Debby and your Blizzard Warning and Lost Garden have some very interesting and intricate stitches too. Fabulous! x

Sarah said...

I am in total awe of your hooky handiwork Debby, stunning pieces!! xx

Lorraine said...

All your crochet work is beautiful, but that top one is just stunning. I love it.
You must have so much patience!
Lorraine x

Michelle said...

Ohhhhh Debbie, your crochet is Devine as are you're cards, absolutely love the colour and pattern of the first quilt. gorgeous! X Michelle