Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Thanks




wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Cute Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is
Fantastic Florals 
This week we are showcasing Altenew Products this week. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I decided to use the Lacy Scrolls from Altenew, first of all I had to make a mask because I knew I wanted to some leaves behind my flower. I use a zig glue pen to make my mask sticky, once the blue glue turns clear its because repositional.

Once that was done I made my background with just the leaves and added a bit of blended green using Inkylicious Ink Duster they are much easier on my poorly hand then a small blending tool. Don't panic if the hairs come out they are the loose ones and check you inkpad after use to make sure a sneaky one has been left behind.

I made my frame using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Ovals but before I place it over my flower I stamped the leaves using the mask I made. Sentiment is a Thankful Heart from Simon Says Stamp.


Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, the flower is so pretty in the oval frame and I love the leafy background too :-) I have some of those brushes and haven't used them yet, I will have to give them a go :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Tracy Freeman said...

It is beautiful Debby, a really classic feel to it, i love it xxx

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous stamping! Love the classy and elegant look, Debby!

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

Pat said...

This is really pretty Debby and I love the Altenew flower and leaves shown off beautifully in the stitch oval frame, and the bit of added inking over those lovely leaves in the background is perfect. A gorgeous card. x

Stephanie said...

Lovely design, Debby! I like how you did some blending on the lower left corner of the background :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Debby! Ovals make a card so classic!

Lynne in NI said...

So pretty! Thanks for the tip about the zig pen, I didn't know it was repositional :)

Linda Kunsman said...

such a lovely card-and aren't the solid stamps so great for backgrounds?

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the quiet classic feel of your card. The color scheme is lovely too. Blessings!