Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Pink Dragons


wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Color Of Love Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is
Cute 
This week we are showcasing Wild Rose Studio Products this week. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I was pleasantly surprised how well the clear stamp stamped, I was a bit warily how well clear stamp would stamp but it stamped beautifully first time.

First I made a frame for my dragon using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles, then used their Stitched Scallop Border die for down the side. I also used the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Shapes, there's a Straight Stiched die where I used down the side of the pattern paper but I did have to match it up and do it twice since the die is not quite long enough.

The paper is Doodlebug Cream and Sugar which works beautifully with my Dragon Flying from Wild Rose, I suggest if you love him like I do I would grab him quick, he was out of stock a couple days ago but seems to be back in stock.

Since I had to stamp him a few times to make the layers I also coloured a few of the butterflies so with the aid of a black pen I drew the antennas so I could have them round the frame.

I then decided to used the tiny Happy Birthday from the Simon Says Stamp Ranunculus stamp and die set. Things went wrong at this stage since I had already stuck the frame with foam squares, so second time round using a corner of a square punch I made my fishtail banner to stick over a badly stamped sentiment.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

13 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Aww Debby this is so cute, beautiful coloring and love the whole design of the card.
Sending hugs xx

Lorraine A said...

aww, love the pink dragon, this is so cute!! the papers and whole design. of this is so pretty :-) LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Elizabeth said...

A pink dragon is just too cute. Lovely card - the plaid paper and pretty butterflies are lovely. xx

Pat said...

How cute is this Debby and the paper is just great and love the little butterflies. The stitched oval frame and the scalloped border and also the extra stitching down the edge of the paper look so pretty too. x

stampingbowd said...

Oh, goodness, this is absolutely adorable!!! Pink dragons are my absolute faves!!!

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous card the dragon looks good in pink. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chrissy said...

FABulous card Debby and your little Dragon and butterflies are gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Oh what a cute dragon a day gorgeous paper too xx

Stephanie said...

Adorable dragon, Debby! Love how you colored him pink and popped him up a bit :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my, your pink dragon is the cutest ever Debby!

Lin said...

Oh Debby, this is perfection! How fun to make a pink dragon surrounded by those delicate butterflies, and the sweet plaid is just right!

Cheryl W. said...

Cutest dragon ever! Love this card, Debby.

Anonymous said...

Wow Debby i love this xx