Saturday, February 18, 2017

Snowy


Oops done it again forgot to schedule my post for the Mid Month reminder for Penny Black Saturday Challenge of Try or Use something new.

I decided to use the new Snowy die which I have had for quite a while but I know I haven't used it because the snowflakes were still attached in the middle of the main die. My Snowy stamp is an old one so I did wonder whether Penny Black may have altered him slightly in the newer stamps but he fitted perfectly.

The idea of have a neat white border round the image is that he shows up better over patterned paper but I decided to make a square where the bottom half is made with snow using Simon Says Stamps Slopes and Hills die.

I cut the Lawn Fawn square paper with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Square then I used it again on my hills and slopes. I prefer doing this way just in case I need to lengthen the square to make a rectangle. Yes that is my favourite Christmas Sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Christmas Toys still not tired of it yet.

15 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous Christmas card the snowman is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

ike said...

That is just delightful. Great colours and I really love the snowy hills :-) Your snowman is just gorgeous. I think he is layered up and I must say that I love when you do this because you get a lovely soft 'bend' in the pieces that make your images stand out so very well. Do you stamp on paper or card when you do this ? :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Debby and lovely colours

Anne

Deborah said...

Gorgeous, the snowman is so cute and I love the papers.
Deborah A

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous card hun, it's good to see old Snowy :) xxx

Pat said...

I love PB's Snowy and the pretty blue papers complement your colouring of him so prettily, and the snowslopes and snowflakes go beautifully too. x

Whisper said...

Oooo i so love Snowy, but have never used the die, great scene and colours, Luv Sam x

Helen said...

Love this Debby...Snowy is my favourite PB Christmas stamp, and I love the colours you've used!
Helen x

Doreen said...

A fabulous Christmas card.xxx

Fikreta said...

this is so sweet!
hugs , 𝓯𝓲𝓴𝓲
My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
≽ܫ≼

cuilliesocks said...

Oh so cute Debby, I adore the cosy looking snowman and your card design is brilliant, Kate x

Sarah said...

This is so lovely Debby xx

Lynne in NI said...

Aww lovely card Debby - that's one of my favourite snowmen!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Just boight another of this paper pad, love the colours and love Snowy x

Cheryl W. said...

Awesome card! Love the background paper and all the fantastic details.