Saturday, February 04, 2017

Kraft


There's a new challenge on Penny Black Saturday Challenge to try a new technique or use something new. Well I couldn't find the new Penny Black Holly die that I recently brought and I couldn't think of a new technique I've tried most and try not to do the ones that usually end up in the bin.

I'm not keen on flat colouring and rarely do I colour on Kraft card so I thought I would give it a go and to be honest if I had more time this would end in the bin. I had forgotten Hedgie needed a white belly and found blending the flesh tone into white a bit of nightmare.

 If I had the chance to do this card again I would stamp a base image on the Kraft card and stamp, colour and fussy cut using white card stock and I think I would be happy. It may even happen there nothing stopping me doing just that with this card and I can tick off Hubby's Valentine card.

The white frame is MFT and the words are using Simon Says Stamp Roses for you stamp and die set and the hearts is using Hearts Align die.

I'm still struggling on with this flu like bug the cough and snotty nose has decided its not going anywhere and I'm having weird stuff going on in my ears, roll on Summer.

7 comments:

Pat said...

This is a beautiful card and I think you have framed your hedgie so prettily in that scalloped frame, and tbe added hearts and die cut sentiment are perfect embellishments also your colouring on the kraft card is lovely and the red and white looks great with it. Sorry you are still feeling under the weather Debby and hope things improve soon. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely card, love the colouring and the frame.
Faith
x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Debby, your colouring on kraft looks fab.( I took the easy options and used new papers!!)
I hope you feel better soon.
Lorraine x

Nataliascraft said...

What a gorgeous Valentine card Debby, love the image and your colouring is fabulous x

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Debby, I've never tried colouring on kraft

Whisper said...

Aaaah so gorgeous and it's stunning colouring on kraft too, Luv Sam x

Deanna said...

It's so adorable! Well worth all that fuss. Great job!