Saturday, February 25, 2017

Moon cat


Yes I made a Penny Black card using a very old stamp, I didn't even buy it new but from a second hand craft sale many years ago.

The glitter moon was a bit tricky, well not really but I had to layer the moon and the cats tail and then walk away for rest of the day while the silicone glue dried out so that when I used a wet glue like craft pva wouldn't buckle my moon.

Once that was done I then had to wait for the pva to dry before layering the rest of the cat. Patience apparently isn't my middle name!

The sketch is sort of Mojo Monday but they have the sketch on a landscape card which wouldn't fit my Simon Says Stamp Stitched fishtail banner so I turned it. Also I think I should have the light brown card to highlight the scallops of the stripy paper.

To finish I used Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes star, but I just wanted to add more and more and lets be honest less is more.

I'm having a quiet weekend maybe a bit of card making but no crops or craft shows, I have a really busy week coming up and I need to be rested before I take it on.

19 comments:

ike said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I LUV this adorable creation :-) xxxxxxxxxx

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous card Debby..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the sparkly moon xx

Anonymous said...

Love this ! Great stamp x

Eva said...

Love your cards so much! Thanks for sharing!
Eva from Austria

Jane said...

This is one of my fave PB stamps Debby and I managed to get one eventually! I love what you did with the moon...a beauty! xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Debby and I also have this stamp which was second hand...some stamps I would never get rid of and this is one of them..well its PB isn't say no more

Anne

Pat said...

I adore your sweet mooncat Debby and the layering is just perfect. The pretty blues with the light brown looks great and the star embellishments and baker's twine finish it beautifully. x

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty, Debby! I'm delighted your blog would open properly for me today, as it hasn't done so recently. I always like to leave a comment to show my appreciation and have felt bad not being able to do so for a while, Jo x

Whisper said...

Oooo i'm so loving the glittery moon and such a fabby layout too, Lvu Sam x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful and so worth the patience.
Faith
x

Martina said...

Oh Debby this is too cute!!!! Love your newest card!
Martina

Maria said...

Love the moon cat card and the layout. Never have patience
for anything to dry or boil either. Take care
Maria x

Lynne in NI said...

So cute, I love the texture on your moon - definitely well worth the wait!

JoAnn said...

This is so adorable. Love that cute kitty and the fuzzy moon. Pretty color combo too. TFS

Cheryl W. said...

Love that soft moon and contented-looking cat. Beautiful card.

Sandra H said...

Oooh so cute is your card and adorable image x

Fikreta said...

this is super sweet card!

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Debby, what a gorgeous card love the layout