Friday, September 22, 2017

Rosslyn and Baby Shower


My Rosslyn from Helen Shrimpton is now done certainly learnt a thing or two about crochet with this blanket lots of new stitches. 


Using the same colours I made a comforter and since I was going to give it to the Mum to be at the Baby Shower which was an Alice in Wonderland theme I made a little bunny for the centre.


I stitched the sleeping eyes bit worried about using safety eyes with a young baby.


My niece held the shower at her house and sent the men and my little gt nephew to the pub. She did an amazing job along with my Sister we all had our jobs to do. Mine was to make some pocket watches and keys. My DD made some amazing cupcakes, tasted good too and I helped made the bunny ears for one lot.





My other talented niece made this fabulous Mad Hatter cake specially for the shower. She also reminded me that I didn't show the added bit of the back of Order of Service we did.


Luckily for me I had the Memory Box die which worked for the back. Did mean the pesky red tape came out again. The words were generated on the computer and then with some circle die and MFT Scallop Stitched frames finished it off.

Sorry for the long post and with lots of photos but I want to make sure I recorded everything.

5 comments:

Sandra H said...

So lovely is your creation and the baby show looks to have been fun x

Hazel (Didos) said...

OMGoodness that shawl is amazing, what a stunning piece. Love the Wee Comforter as well. Looks like a great baby shower, Love Hazelx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such beautiful work and all those stitches - fabulous! Thanks for sharing all the photos, everything looks wonderful, bet you all enjoyed yourselves a lot.
Faith
x

Sarah said...

That blanket is stunning Debby, something to be treasured. Love the themed baby shower too, it all looks fantastic xx

Pat said...

Wow Debby! This is stunning work and the colours are beautiful and a blanket you would keep and admire for ever. I love the Alice in Wonderland themed baby shower too. Your family is full of very craftily skilled people. I love the watches you did and the spotted teapots, playing cards and the Mad Hatter cake are wonderful. x