Saturday, October 20, 2018

Fussy Sympathy Poppy



Did I mention that I brought this Simon says Stamp Beautiful Flowers 2 stamp and die set because the two single flowers reminded me of poppies and perfect for this time of year when we remember the fallen.

This one is a bit more fussy rather than CAS that fabulous background is a Lawn Fawn Quilted Backdrop die.  The rest I kept simple, the stitched frame is Simon says Stamp Stitched Oval dies and the sentiment banner are MFT Stitched Fishtail Strip dies.

My favorite sentiment stamps Simon says Stamp Thoughtful Messages stamped in the banner but I had to use the large die to fit properly so it overlaps the card but it just gives a rectangle card a bit interest at least that's my excuse.

It's been a busy week with Hubby's and mine Birthdays and its not ended yet. I'm away this weekend at The Scrap Cafe retreat, I will be checking out the card making ladies for ideas for Christmas cards ideas but I will be scrapbook. On Sunday I will have to finish at lunchtime to go to a very special nephew's 1st Birthday.





6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO Beautiful Debby. Happy belated Birthday to you both. Enjoy your retreat.
Faith
x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Debby. Love your coloring of the beautiful flower and how you have put red behind the die cut cover plate. TFS

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Debby xx

Pat said...

This is such a pretty flower image Debby and looks beautiful with that die cut background, and love the oval frame and banner sentiment which look wonderful as finishing touches, and the whole design is just so elegant and a gorgeous card. x

Lynne in NI said...

Ohh love your fab background and lovely flower too. Happy Belated Birthday :)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elegant and oh so perfect for the occasion Debby. The beautiful background die is so lovely on this. Hope the Scrapping weekend is fun and you come back with lots of Christmas card ideas, feel free to share! Hugs, Wends xoxo