Thursday, January 09, 2014

Shades of Blue


I wanted to join in the Less is More Winter Blues challenge but all the ideas I had, I've either done them before and or someone had made a similar card. On the table beside me is a box of Simon Say Stamps dies and in there are the feathers. I wanted to use a stencil over them but I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to get messy.
I got out different shades of blue card and using MFT zig zag/chervons die cut out 3 of each colour and of white. A bit of advice here stick some dst behind the card and careful position the die along it so you will able to stick the down the zigzag. I went through quite a bit of the tape in the Xyron to make it sticking on the back.
I used a thin bit of paper to layer my zigzags on the last three I cut in half and layered half the side till I have enough to use the feather die.
After a hunt through must of my stuff I found the Inkylicious stamp that I brought from Ally Pally. Once stamped I just coloured the blue word and put my feathers together with a bit of silver twine. I used a spellbinders die to cut out the sentiment and then used to it to draw round and hand cut the mat.
Paper pricked round the edges of a white mat and stuck it down in the centre and added everything else on top.


It still wet and windy and the radio is constantly tell us which roads are being closed and Guildford even made the telly with their metal river defences to save the lower High Street from being flooded again. But at least we are able to go out even if it is in our wellies, my heart goes out the USA where they have record freezing temperatures.

44 comments:

Malika said...

Very nice card in bleu, love the feathers

malika

Janice said...

What a beauty, would never have thought feathers could look so good! Jx

Jane said...

Very clever feathers Debby, glad you are staying dry. Let's hope this weather is moving on x

Sue said...

Stunning card Debby, a really wonderful design, I love the way you have done the feathers.
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

Wow Debby, that is wonderful and I bet it took some planning!! xx

Melodie said...

Wow, this is great.
Hugs
Melodie

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Debby the blue feathers look fab x Susan x

Loz said...

I love the feathers Debby, they look awesome! x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is fabulous - those feathers look incredible!
Rebecca.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Absolutely fabulous Debby love those feathers and the whole design of the card. Susan x

Kazabing said...

Simply stunning Debby, very clever xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous....fab feathers.xxx

Anja said...

I absolutely love your zigzag feathers :o)
Hugs, Anja

Sue - said...

Gorgeous card Debbie. Don't think I would have the patience to do the feathers like that!

Helen said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!

Di said...

Fabulous Debby - those feathers are gorgeous!

Hugs
Di
xx

Anne said...

Love this Debby. Those feathers are fabulous
Anne x

Unknown said...

Beauty ful card Debby.

hugs Suze xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really beautiful Debby, love that feather effect.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat said...

I love the idea of using the chevron die with the feathers with all the different blues which make a great accompaniment to the lovely large sentiment. The paper piercing finishes it off beautifully. x

Åse-May said...

What a great card....:)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, what a clever wonderful design for the feathers! Hugs,

Jane said...

I love those feathers, such a great use of dies & cardstock!!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Lovely card, very clean and simple. Love the blue feathers, adds just the right pop.

Jingle said...

This is STUNNING!!!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Debby, your feathers are gorgeous, such a great idea.
Pauline
x

*Vicki* said...

Really love those die cut feathers!! Beautiful blues Debby! HUGS :)

heidy said...

Beautiful CAS card Debby,love it!!
XXX Heidy

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Debby! I love those fab feathers!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Debby...so unique.Love the feathers with the layers..

Luv CHRISSYxx..

Marian said...

Prachtig. Groetjes

rachel said...

lovely card debby - clean and beautiful xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Debby. I love the colours and fab feathers.
Lorraine x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very clever way to make the feathers, love them.

Warm hugs
Maarit

coops said...

simply stunning debby.i love this inkylicious stamp and the feathers are fab :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

So elegant Debby... love how you've used the feathers!

Hugs
Christine x

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous CAS card Debby. Love the sentiment and the feather is fabulous.
Hugs Sharon. x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, love your choice of colours, hugs Pops x x

Kathleen said...

Stunning card, the feather are fabulous.

Kath x

Lynsey said...

Beautiful card Debby! Love those feathers!
Hugs Lynsey x

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Debby this is just gorgeous love the feathers!!

Chrissie said...

This is amazing Debby, those feathers are just terrific, but then I would never expect anything less from you!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mau xx said...

Fabulous!! I love those feathers, you certainly inspire us Debby.
Hugs Mau xx

Brigitte said...

WOW!!!! Another wonderful CAS card!!!! I LOVE the feathers! So beautiful with all the shades of blues. Hugs, Brigitte