Sunday, January 12, 2014

In the Pink


edited another photo
I actually had time to play with the Simon Says Stamps January Kit along with the new Valentines release. The first card is actually using the sketch from Splitcoast Stampers SC469 I actually love how it turned out. I class this as a CAS and instead of my more traditional approach this is a bit more abstract although I still had to mat and layer the main mat some things I just can't change.
I've used a paper doily which I had for ages and rarely use the Small Heart Doily die and the little outline die comes with it, the small die is the waste from it.
The sentiment is of course Simon Says Stamps Perfect Love set and I really do love it.
The biggest problem was finding my brad bag that holds all my brads and odds and sods, I knew where it was in my craftroom but I'm not in there now and the only person who would know would be me!!!!!
I was determined to find it and the brad I've had for ages in my stash.


When I order dies I must remember to check out the size you can see the Thanks die is large. I've seen cards with this kind of design so I had a go using the some patterned paper out of the kit. The MFT crochet border die I had already cut out but didn't use. Then I didn't like it much so I place some paper in the other corner only to find I had to cut another border cos I didn't have enough.


Not overly impressed with my photo skills the first card seems too light. I will be back later with the winner of the Favourite Five of 2013.


36 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful cards Debby, love the soft feminine touch of the first one.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Alexandra♥ said...

Very pretty and delicate! Beautiful!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Both very pretty Debby! Susan x

Hazel said...

Two beautiful cards. Hazel

Sarah said...

Two fabulous cards Debby. I love the buttoned back corner on the heart card, a forgotten detail...glad you've revived it!! xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Debby, fabulous designs and pretty colours.
Hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous cards,lovely designs and papers.xxx

Marian said...

Ziet er prachtig uit
Groetjes

Marina said...

Your cards are gorgeous, beautiful colours and designs.

Hugs,
Marina

Sammy said...

They're gorgeous! The colours work beautifully and the designs are fab too! x

rachel said...

two gorgeous cards Debby - wonderful x

misteejay said...

Lovely cards Debby.
I don't usually go for 'pink' cards but that pink & grey one is just beautiful - so pretty.

Toni xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards Debby x Susan x

Åse-May said...

Pretty cards Debbie....:)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Debby, sorry Ive been so lapse visiting, wow beautiful card love the design it looks just stunning. Happy New Year to you. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Anita said...

Two beautiful cards! Love the pink :)
xoxo Anita

Bonnie Weiss said...

As soon as I saw the title (PINK), I knew I would love it! And love it, I do. Your folded corner with the little button is the perfect touch.

Viv said...

Just lovely Debby - the folded corner and button fits perfectly!

Pat said...

Two very pretty cards Debby, I love the heart dp and the heart dies. The 'Thanks' is certainly a large sentiment, and it's true that when ordering you don't always get a sense of the scale. I like the way you have set this on the diagonal and the chevron paper works beautifully. x

Christine L said...

These are both fabulous cards Debby and of course I love the pink!! Don't forget if you fancy, to enter particularly the top one at In The Pink challenge.... it's perfect for it!

Hugs
Christine x

Carol said...

Two very pretty cards Debby. Carol x

Mau xx said...

Beautiful! Love pink and grey together and the corner detail certainly adds a lovely touch.
Hugs Mau xx

cuilliesocks said...

Very Pretty cards today Debby, hugs Kate x

Kathleen said...

Love the hearts and the layout.
Great Thanks die.

Kath x

Pop's Cards said...

These are both gorgeous sweetie, hugs Pops x x x

Pop's Cards said...

These are both gorgeous sweetie, hugs Pops x x x

Pop's Cards said...

These are both gorgeous sweetie, hugs Pops x x x

Jane said...

Ooh these are absolutely stunning Debby!

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really beautiful creation Debby's.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Debby how gorgeous they are!!!

Wendy said...

Both are beautiful Debby, fab designs.
Wendy xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Debby these cards are gorgeous!
Lovely use of dies and papers.
Hugs Lynsey x

Dawn T said...

both of these are just delightful Debby. I love the pink and green together.

Lynne in NI said...

Aww these are so pretty Debby, I especially love your hearts on the first :)

Elaine said...

Two stunning cards Debby.
The first is so soft and delicate and the button brad is perfect.
The second card is equally as beautiful, and I love the brighter zesty colours.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

coops said...

stunning cards debby.fabulous cas designs ;D

xx coops xx