Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Ice



wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge !!

 Thank you for joining us for the Something New Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the 2 $50 Vouchers !! :-)
This week the challenge is

ICE Inspiration

Laura has made this fab mood board 

We are showcasing Glitter Ritz and Distress Glitter Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used :-)
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So to my card which turned out more green than blue but hey ho not much I can do about that now. The papers are Lily Bee Christmas Cheer just had a few left. The girls are from The Greeting Farm Miss Anya Scarfs, I used two stamps from the set and because I layer my images, I didn't have to worry about masking them.
Lucky for me I haven't put away my snowflakes die including the Maryanne one, I cut it out in white first then Kraft which I cut out the centre. Instead of messing around with a glue stick I ran my snowflakes in the small Xyron (its handy for words and letters too) facing down so that glue covered the it. I ran a small embossing tool round the edges before taking the protective strip off and then covered it in the glitter. I still get covered in glitter but it not stuck to glue on fingers!
I used the Happy die and stamp set since my daughter whose birthday is the 1st of Feb and she has been complaining it always seems to snow on her birthday (she better not look at the long range weather forcast).
I used the sketch from The Sketchy Challenge and it had this odd bit at the end of one of the mats so I used a Tilted Banner and sentiment cos the space annoyed me. 



There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog ,,,if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out :-)

 SSS_checkoutnewblog

Simon Says Stamp
You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in :-)
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw :-)

43 comments:

Åse-May said...

Lovely card again....Hug :)

Jane said...

What a great winter birthday card, I especially like that houndstooth dp & the snowflakes!

Irene said...

More snuggly and cozy than icy cold but hey who cares, a lovely card as always Debby and that's what matters!!!

xx Irene

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.

Hugs Jannie

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Debby!! Fab coloring!!

hugs...

Pat said...

Such a sweet image and lovely for a winter birthday. I love the way you have coordinated the snowflake embellishment colour with that of the sentiment die. x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debby.

Hugs Riet.xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh BRRR!! Not sure I want to think about ice, but your creation is absolutely gorgeous!! HUGS :)

Sarah said...

What a beautifully colourful card Debby. Love primary colours and while it's so gloomy here it's a pleasure to see!! xx

scrappyjacky said...

Perfect card for a winter birthday.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby :-) the images, paper and all the details are fabulous !! I love the Glitter Ritz glitter ,,the colour is fab ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

oops ,,, sorry ,, the tumbled glass glitter :-)

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a lovely birthday card Debby....

Anne

Donna said...

Beautiful card Debby, love the DP's and pretty image...sweet detail too :) Donna ♥ x

Laura Sterckx said...

Pretty card, Debby! The different layers and patterns look really great! And as always, your coloring is perfect! :) ♥

Sandra H said...

Oooooh my goodness this is truly beautiful the images are so adorable and the layout with all of the lovely embellis is gorgeous xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Debby. The image looks fabulous and I love the layout.
Lorraine x

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful Debby. Love the colouring, the snowflakes and the sentiment.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Joey said...

Debby this is gorgeous! love the image. Joey xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Debby. I love the cute image, beautiful colours and fabulous detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Debby, do love the beautiful images and the colours are fab!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful card

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Debby's,love the image and your colouring is awesome. Love the background too.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxxx

Mary J said...

Love your cosy warm card, Debby!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful card, love the snowflakes.
Lorraine

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Debby, a fabulous design and I love your two TGF girls - stunning colours!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby, what a gorgeous card. xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Debby! Love the houndstooth background!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Debby perfect for a winter birthday x Susan x

Unknown said...

Hi Debby, another fabulous card! I've got those Miss Anya's too and I can't remember when I've inked them up - will have to go dig them out.

The snowflakes are stunning!

Sarah

rachel said...

super card Debby - love the snowflakes and the image is fabulous! Hugs Rachel x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous image and a lovely winter Birthday card

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Debby. Love the image and I'm going to try your technique of covering die cut snowflakes with glitter.

Deborah

Cheryl W. said...

Lovely card, Debby - I think your daughter will love it.

Lin said...

Love these girlfriends, Jo! A wonderful mix of papers, too!

Lagene said...

Wonderful card!

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card Debby x

Jingle said...

This is so cute! Awesome coloring and I relly love the snowflakes!

Jackie Scott said...

A delightful card - love the images and the wonderful mix of colours!

XxJULESxX said...

stunning Debby!!

Mau xx said...

Aww!! they look so cosy and warm. Love the papers and snowflakes too.
Mau xx

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Debby!

scrappymo! said...

This is such a wonderful birthday card. The colours are lovely and the images are so pretty.