Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Bleaching


Remember the other week when Simon says Stamp had my favourite challenge Distressing, I'm being sarcastic here. Well this is the one I started to make but was disappointed how it bleached the Distress Inks.

Well I left it allow and when I went back apart from the bottle they worked, the bottle you can still see a bit of the oxides.

I used the same stamps Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints Beer stamps and the Simon says Stamps Stitched Squares and Rectangles.

Finally I used the Simon says Stamps Furry Cat and Box stamp, the sentiment is like handwriting.

Did I mentioned I heat embossed the stamped images this stops the bleach going where you don't want it.


I had a great time on Saturday, I didn't do that many layouts three in total but I did start a double layout but when I got glue on three of the photos it was time to call it a day. Luckily I print my photos.

I've been convinced by my fellow scrapbookers to pack my bags before I go on holiday so I could go to the charity one at the end of September not sure if I will be up for this but my crop fees are mostly going to charity so it would be in a good cause. If I only manage half a day it will still be good.


I was nominated and won the Woman of the Year award at my Slimming World Group, I can see how far I've come and I plan not to put it back on again.

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Many congratulations on your slimming award Debby its not easy losing weight as I know so well done to you...
Love your bleached out card this is a technique I haven't done for a long time

Anne

Sandra H said...

Wow this is so beautiful l love it and well done with your award your doing so very well x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, and well done you on winning that award! i can't shift ythe half a stone I need to loose so am in total admiration of you! Jo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Super card and well done on the award, Its so difficult to loose weight but so worth it when you see the results, Hazelxx

Pat said...

This is a great card Debby and the bleaching out has worked well, and the oxide ink colours are lovely. Congratulations on your Slimming World award and you have done extremely well to get to where you are now, the difference is quite dramatic when you see your old and new self side by side. x

Sue - said...

Oh well done Debby on your weight loss! A great card as well, might just have to try that!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card and technique Debby and super congratulations on your award..wonderful achievement..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love those stamps and what you have done with them. Congratulations on your weight loss, it's only after it's lost do you feel what you were carrying doesn't it? Well done.
Faith
x

Sarah said...

What a lovely card, I have never tried this technique and it looks very effective. What an achievement...well done xx

Cheryl W. said...

You look fantastic, Debby! Wish I had lost as much weight as you. Your card looks very cool. I like the colored background and the bleaching affect. Nice!

Craftdee said...

Oh, well done Debbie on your win... for your loss, lol. What an achievement over 4 stone! I just had to check that out in kilos, it's a LOT :-)) It's funny I checked your Diet page only the other day to see how you were going, and you've posted this since then.
Lovely card too, I really like that stencil, and the inking looks great too, yet another technique I'll have to try :-) Donna xx