Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Use a Stencil

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Boys Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Stencil It   


We are showcasing our very own Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px



Mmmm I think I go carried away with the stencils, I used Oxides for all of the background well except the sequins. The main colour is Squeezed Lemonade and I covered the whole page, if I did it again I would leave a white space in the middle since I now think it was a bit much.

With the help of post it notes and scraps of paper I carefully used the Tim Holtz Roses Stencil and moving it around I placed my roses. I matched up the roses but covered them so I could use the leaf parts. Finally I used the Simon Says Stamp Large Falling Hearts stencil carefully covering up any hearts that may fall on my roses.

I used the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform for stamping my sentiment because I wanted to make sure it showed up well. The sentiment came from the Simon Says Stamp Thoughtful Messages stamp set.

It needed something else so I used the Simon Says Stamp Stitching Butterflies dies, they're out of stock at the moment but I would recommend to use the notify me link because I think they will be flying out of the doors once they arrive back in stock.




Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.




15 comments:

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So summery and pretty - love your beautiful soft colors and perfect inking!

Tracy Freeman said...

Very pretty, I love the background with those butterflies xxx

Annette Gordon said...

This card is amazing! I just love it! I am going to have to try and recreate it. I hope you don't mind.

Marge said...

So very elegant, Debby! Love the colorful stencil background with white butterflies in contrast. The black body and stitches on the wings make the card so dynamic and delightful. Simply , brilliant!♡
Marge xx

Lin said...

Such a sweet combination of stencils - hearts and flowers, my favorites! Your soft shades compliment them all, and the butterflies are the perfect embellishment!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Debby! The colours and patterns look so pretty with those lovely butterflies xx

Sarah said...

What a lovely stencilled background, so pretty and the white butterflies are perfect xx

Pat said...

This is extremely pretty Debby and love your mix of stencilling in the background and using beautiful colours of oxide inks, and your stitched butterflies are just perfect over the top. x

Misty Elam said...

I think it looks lovely just the way it is. Beautiful color scheme.

Cheryl W. said...

I don't think it's too much at all, Debby. It's beautiful! Love the colors you used.

ankitag612 said...

Hi Debby! I love your stencilled background, how you were able to add different colors to the ink blending. Beautiful! :) Keeping the butterflies white helps bring out the background so beautifully!

Kim Hamilton said...

Debby, this is so pretty! Makes me smile :)

Stephanie said...

Lovely design, Debby! I love the bit of sparkle sprinkled on top as a finishing touch! : )

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby :-) the white butterflies are so pretty and I love the background, absolutely fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Debby!

This is darling. Those butterflies are so pretty and I love the background you created!