Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Duck!!!!

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Stencil It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week to.
This week the challenge is

Use More Than One Stamp


We are showcasing Honey Bee Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


When I plan to buy stamps for a challenge I really need to pay more attention, when I saw Honey Bee Products and I saw this duck stamp I needed to have it. The clue was in the name of the stamp Penny the Platypus but doesn't she make a cute duck. I pretty sure I've seen Penny as a duck before and that why it stuck in my head.

I used my Polychromos to colour her and I carefully cut round one wing so I could add the string to her balloons. Now here comes the use more than one stamp part I stamped the balloons from the stamp set onto the pattern paper and fussy cut them out. Forgot to mention who made the Pattern Paper its Echo Park Happy Birthday Girl.

The tiny sentiment is from Simon says Stamp Messages for Everyday and the balloon string is May Arts Natural Twine String.






Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.




14 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

You know what debby I think she makes a perfect duck :) love how you hve used her x

Marge said...

How lovely is this!💛💛💛 Love how you used yellow colors, Debby.
Marge xx

Misty Elam said...

This is so sweet. I love that the balloons match the background. :)

Pat said...

Penny is a real cutie Debby and she makes the perfect duck, and how clever to get her to hold the bunch of pretty balloons. I love the coordination with the same paper for the background and the balloons too. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby :-) I love that we used the same image and you made her into a duck! how cute is that!! the starry paper and balloons are fabulous, this is sure to cheer anyone up who is feeling poorly ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Stampin Mindy said...

Debby, this little guy is adorable and you have colored him up perfectly. I love the simple layout. ♥

Chrissy said...

Awww..she is a perfect Duck Debby..gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Debby! That little duck is adorable xx

Jo Nevill said...

Such a cute card Debby ! x

Stephanie said...

Such a cute critter! I love how you drew his color in by paper piecing the balloons and coordinating with the background! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Martie Rollin said...

So quackin' cute!! This card would bring cheer to anyone!

ankitag612 said...

Hi Debby! Such a cute card. I love the color yellow you chose for this card. The platypus is colored beautifully and the yellow patterned paper and the yellow balloon.. so in sync! xx Ankita

Kim Hamilton said...

I love Penny the Platypus! Such a sweet card and I love the yellow!

Lin said...

Love your happy yellows, Debby, and duck or platypus, she is a cutie!