Monday, August 25, 2014

Phone Home


Well its a bank holiday here in the UK, also the reason for my post to be a bit late this morning, no setting the alarm clock on a long weekend.
I've used the Freshly Made Sketch from a few weeks ago but also I saw a card on Pinterest who had cut chervons in the main mat like this although I think theirs were a bit more discreet.
The card is still growing on me but I think it would work for a chaps card and especially as embellishments are harder for those sort of cards too.
The little chap is a digi from Funky Kits, I think most of love the artist already.
I've been having a go at the Project Life type of scrapbooking, I thought I would make my own cards with a combination, stamping, die cutting and using the scrapbooking patterned papers. Whilst I'm pleased how some of it turned out to be honest it took so long, that towards the end of the fourth page I rushed a bit. I've learned  a few things like used ready made cards that will speed things up and maybe add a few diecuts, I still don't like flat embellishments and yes it does use a few more photos. Will I do it again properly but only when I need to not because I love it!

32 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the title Debby although in this age of technology I think ET would probably say "Snap Chat Home"!! Such a great guy card and I love the idea of die cutting into the mat, it looks brilliant. Have a good day xx

brenda said...

Gorgeous design Debby and such effective colours.

B x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh this is lovely, great spotty background and the layout works really well. Cas isn't easy but this is fab.

Ankie vd Polder said...

This is cute, and lovely colors. Hugs, Ankie

martina's kaartjes said...

superb card ! lovely done
greetings, martina
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your fun card Debby....yes we've also git the usual rainy bank holiday weather

Anne

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love the cute image and such a fabulous layout.
hugs Sue xx

Brawny x said...

Fab card Debby. Great image. And love the chevrons x

Sarah said...

Great card Debby! Love the image and the chevron detail.

Sarah x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and great for the difficult men in our lives. Love yur scrapbok pages too Brilliant layouts. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE love your layout and cut design, might even case it in a while. Beautiful colouring as always, love the image.

Christine L said...

Cute and gorgeous Debby... and I love how you did the chevrons!

Hugs
Christine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Debby, those chevrons finish it off a treat.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat said...

I love this card Debby. The image is so cute and I love the spotty dp which looks great behind the cut out chevrons. Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday. x

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Debby. Love the image and papers and the cut chevrons look fab.

Deborah A

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is so sweet hun, love it!
Hugs shell xx

Lynsey said...

Fab card Debby!
Hugs Lynsey x

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely adorable Debby!! :) Love the chevron pattern! HUGS

Jacee said...

So cute, an adorable card, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Mummylade said...

gorgeous! I love the chevron cut

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous card Debby as always beautiful design and full of lots of lovely details x

Chrissy said...

What a great design Debby and love the cute little Bear..I'm a sucker for Bears..love the spots too and fabulous colouring..

luv CHRISSYxx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous creation and love the cute image.

Kath x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a sweet card, Debby.
Ha ha.. tell me about Project Life!!! I never realised when I started mine, just how long it would take me to even plan my pages.
Caroline xxx

Tammy said...

Super cute and I love the pup! Cleaver use of a zig zag!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Debby, so cute!
Wendy xx

Tracy said...

He's so cute Debby. I'm not surprised even the critters have cell phones. LOL. Hugs!

Stempelhexe said...

Ein herrliches Motiv und ein ganz tolles Kärtchen.

LG
Ulla

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debby, such an adorable image.
Pauline
x

XxJULESxX said...

Very cute and gorgeous!!

Jackie Scott said...

Sweet card with a great design. Love your chevrons and colour choice!