Thursday, February 20, 2014

Proceeding along

 So now we don't have a door and the reason the gate went in this is optimise the space inside.

sorry for the fussy pic but this is inside bit concerned they need something to hold it up but been told this while the cement sets.

This window is now blocked in I'm thinking shelves.

Bricks for the stud work this is how high the floor need raising to match the rest of the house, at this point I can see how small my space is going to be. Have been advised I need another sort out.


This been the gate with a few security measures that you can't see, once building work is finished a nice climbing rose is going to be planted to go over the trellis and Hubby has decided on the thorny bushes that will be planted in front of the wall. Other measures have been taken with the shed and more to come.

13 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

This is so exciting, Debby! I can only dream...there are no plans to redo my crafting space anytime soon. And I even craft in a dark corner of our basement! I'd be too embarrassed to even show you photos.

Carol S. said...

This is going to be so great for you when finished. It is such a shame that we have to make our homes like Fort Knox these days. Check out my blog Candy. Might cheer you up a bit. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jane said...

It's coming on well Debby I agree it's such a shame we have to make our homes into fortresses. I have a jewellery giveaway on my blog...do pop on over. It may give you a smile x

Kathlene said...

Thanks for the peek...looks like work is progressing nicely. Love the idea of the climbing rose trellis...lovely. Hugs, Kathy

Carla S. said...

It's coming right along, Debby! I'm sure it will be great when it's done! No doubt it's not soon enough for you! Keep us posted!

Linda Simpson said...

Coming along and thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Claire said...

Coming along nicely. Hugs, Claire x

Sandra H said...

looking good Debby can't wait to see it finished x

Leigh said...

I'm enjoying watching the progress of your craft room renovation Debby. It will be lovely when it's done.

Jackie Scott said...

I bet you can't wait till it's done and you can move in. Something exciting to look forward to. Love watching the changes. Have a happy day!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Your new studio is certainly progressing ... you must be excited. Quit fretting about the size ... I think you could work in a closet and still create your amazing projects.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with Bonnie (above) it wouldn't matter what space you have, just remember that when building is going on, it always looks smaller and then they plaster and it looks bigger again, I'm sure it will be OK, you'll just have to get plenty of storage solutions :)

scrappymo! said...

Thank you for sharing your progress with the remodel. I too will be downsizing at some point so looking forward to your sharing your new room!
The rose idea sounds like a good one.