Friday, February 15, 2019

Candycanes



I'm still managing the odd Christmas card now and again with the help of a couple challenges this one is for ABC Christmas Challenge for Candy and then with the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch SC736.

Although I added a stripy background using Doodlebug Christmas Town. I also used Simon says Stamps Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Circles and Stitched Banners. Now in the case of the stitched banners I used a die from Simon says Stamps Bundle of Shapes to cute the end of the banner at an angle that was needed on the sketch, the other end is hiding under the circle.

Now the fun stuff I used the Simon says Stamps Candy Cane die, I drew round the outline shape and then stuck it on and trim if necessary. The gave them support and somewhere for the red inserts somewhere to stick. I love that the bow came separately with die and can be used for other things.

I hadn't planned on holly but a nice red finger print needed to be hidden and you can't just have one bit of holly, I used Simon's Holly Fanfare. The pearls were in my stash but you could easily die cut them from the die or use Nuvo drops.


The second photo was to see whether people preferred my crooked straight photos of my card or one that is definitely crooked.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love your traditional green and red colour combination Debby which goes beautifully with the candy canes and the pretty bow and holly, and the banner on a slant looks great. x

Cheryl W said...

I love this card! Such a clean cut design. I like your purposely crooked photo. I think I might try to take more photos like that, rather than trying to take them straight on and messing it up.

Greta said...

Love the look of this classic & beautiful Christmas card!