Saturday, June 23, 2018

Tall Card


This stamp from Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers was in the June Kit, the stamp is available separately but is Out of Stock at the mo, I'm sure it will be back soon.

I know if I layered the image which I love doing it would take a while to make and at the moment my energy levels are quite low. Still I wanted to have a go and blew the dust of my Derwent Inktense pencils and decided to use them to watercolour. This was the way I used to colour in my early days of cardmaking some 18years ago. I used the lines on the image to colour and then used a damp paintbrush to drag the colour across each petal and leaf.

I think it turned out not too bad, possibly I could have used less colour on the flowers but its been years since I used this technique.

I used Simon Says Stamp Thoughtful Message with some gold embossing powder for the stamped sentiment and used Newton Nook Essential Alphabet for my letters. My Mum used to love anything sparkly so I added some sequins to catch the light. Finally a Uniball White pen to dot the stamens inside the flowers.


8 comments:

Pat said...

These SSS roses are very pretty and beautifully coloured by you Debby and the gold layer and sentiment complement it perfectly. I think it's lovely to remember your Mum by making her a card, and she would have adored this. x

Marlene said...

This card is stunning! Love how you dragged the colors and your choice of colors is beautiful.

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a beautiful card, Hazelxx

cuilliesocks said...

This is just so beautiful Debby, I love the floral image and your fab water colouring, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Beautiful and I love seeing the DL size for a change, it suits the stamping beautifully.
Faith
x

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Debby..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty love the colour

Cheryl W. said...

I think this card is breathtaking! You did a lovely job, Debby!