Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Anything Goes


Time for new challenge on Simon Says Stamp Challenge 

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

 and this week its
Anything Goes
The team is also using Avery Elle and Mama Elephant products but thats not a requirement for the challenge just the DT chance to show what amazing products Simon Says Stamps have in their store.


Now I'll be honest cos you can tell if I not but these are stamp companies are not the first ones I look for and they don't really suit my OTT cards and for some reason a CAS card feels like cheating!
But I certainly up for the challenge not sure I've ticked the boxes but the Avery Elle Hipster Hippopotamus is cute and decided to make a male and female card.


So with some Prima Sunny Days papers I paper pieced my Hippo and used the paper for the strip along the bottom. The scallop is Pearl Lace from Memory box and once put together with the sentiment it looked a bit plain. So added the hearts from Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Holiday Shapes dies on a bit of twine.


For the male card I again paper pieced my Hippo this time with the papers from Bo Bunny Surprise collection and I also used them for my fish tail banners. The strip down the side is using the Chainlink die from Simon says Stamp Exclusives it was a bit of experiment but now looking at it I'm have a bit of light bulb idea of using it and backing it with acetate may have to give that a go.


Now you know the drill to win the chance of this fabulous prize you have to enter the challenge with a new card no backlinking and you need to enter your post using the linky thing on the challenge blog. Also you need to link to the challenge in your post or you won't be eligible for the prize.

40 comments:

Carla S. said...

These are both adorable, Debby! Great designs!

Jane said...

Oh these are fabulous Debbie, certainly made me smile :)
Hugs
Jane

deesdesigns said...

Too - Two Cute! I just love Mr Hippo and I love the paper piecing you've used! I've enjoyed being part of the Simon Says team this past months. Dee

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love these two cards Debby super paper piecing
jacqui x

brenda said...

They are both so cute Debby.

B x

Jingle said...

These are adorable!

Mary J said...

So adorable Debby!! These are fun and fresh - just the way I love 'em!

Colinda said...

they're so cute!! Enjoy your day, Colinda

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Debby :-) I am loving everyone's cards but am especially fond of this stamp set,,, which will be in my trolley for the next dash :-)
The papers and whole designs are fabulous ! I LOVE 'em :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Crafting Queen said...

Two really fun cards!

susiestacey said...

Great fun card Debby and what a cute hippo x Susan x

Unknown said...

Awww what cuties here :) love this fun hippo and fun colours :) xxx

Lisa Carroll said...

Both cards are amazing, Debby! Love how you made one masculine, and one feminie.. genius! :)

Sue said...

So cute Debby! I love that hippo and the colours and details are fabulous
Hugs Sue xx

Danni said...

So cute!! love that hippo!

Marian said...

Mooie kaart
Groetjes

Stamps and Paper said...

two great cards Debby

Anne

Sinikka said...

Hahaha two great hippo's. Love the dotted one and I like the little hearts on the twine.
Hugs Sinikka

Karin said...

Beautiful, funny cards!!
Karin x

Grenouille Greetings said...

These are super fun Debby and both colourways are delightful. I especially love the design of the dotty hippo card! Hugs, Lesley

Heather said...

Adorable Debby, I love your 'his and her's' images both with their stunning outfits. Fabulous papers and fantastic details!!

hugs
Heather xx
PS Thanks so much for your gorgeous card and packet - I couldn't wait to use my papers - as you noticed!!!

cuilliesocks said...

They are lovely cards and the images are so cute, the bright papers are great too, kate x

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh these are adorable Debby! What a sweet little hippo!

Jo Nevill said...

Super cards Debby, love how you have used the hippo. Great selection of bright papers !

Hugs

Jo x

Lin said...

I think you rose to the challenge magnificently, Debby - LOVE your Mr. Hippo card with his rakish hat! Great elements and design!

pinky said...

Lol these are just brilliant Debby.

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards Debby, love them both.

Kath x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.

Lorraine said...

Fabulous fun cards Debby. the hippo looks great.
Lorraine x

scrapn_momof2 said...

Both are totally adorable Debby!!

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards Debby!
Helen x

Nat said...

2 fab cards Debby, gotta love that cute hippo!
Natx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning cards, Debby! I love the paper piecing and design! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Beryl said...

These are fab Debby. Really like the word play on the top one.
Beryl xx

Zippy said...

Adorable cards, so cute! xx

Christine L said...

Love both of these cute cards Debby... made me smile!

Hugs
Christine x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your hippos are precious, and I love the dangling hearts detail that you created. Blessings!

Alison Scott said...

2 cute as a button cards. (I know only 2 like yesterday, I had fat finger syndrome earlier)

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby, what super cute gorgeous cards these are. Love Avery Elle stamps... :-) S xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Just love the dimension you've created with those adorable hippos... great papers too!
Alison x