Monday, January 05, 2009

Waffling Tuesday

I found the sketch on Sketch Saturday difficult, not sure if it was the sketch or the paper I had chosen, I fairly please with it but it was struggle. I may have gone a bit too far with the doodled dots, the paper was Daisy Bucket, the butterflies are freebie on creativity card mag ( sorry can't remember is full title but its by Do-crafts) unusual for me to use a freebie cos I don't always find them useful and I give them to Sis for her kids & card club at her school, the corners are a nestability cut in four and not forgetting Tilda who has only recently seen an inkpad.

How do you top being in the Fab 5 or being Card of the week, don't think I managed it this time, Kazan's sketch on 2 sketches4you has a zigzag border and I thought the MS doily punch would work especially with these colours which was left over from the secret project and I was making these daisies for the project too. Once I finished it I realised I missed a bit of the sketch, now thats the second time this week (yesterday I missed the strips of the BG challenge) you just know there's gonna be a third. Not sure whether to enter this for the challenge although the sketch did inspire the card. But if it doesn't work this challenge I could always use it for Papertake Weekly their challenge spots and circles so that would work.


Thanks Karin for cute award not sure on the rules but if you haven't had this one, I'm sending it you.


Thanks Ali for sending me this fabby award, you have to tell about you 5 addictions, now I had this award before but I found what I wrote originally.


1. Cardmaking and Scrapbooking
2. Craft Shopping
3. Blogging
4. Red Wine
5. Love Strictly and X factor, OK so this is so last year just add Dancing on Ice.


This post is getting extremely long but if you're still with me just wanted to mention my vistors counter that I managed to add to my blog January last year, have you seen the amount of vistors, like WOW. I'm watching it carefully cos there's a number coming up that definitely needs celebrating.

43 comments:

Rach said...

fabulous cards Debby
Hugs rachxx

Diane.W. said...

Hi Debby!!!
Great cards & fab idea cutting the Nestie,might give it a whirl now!!! :o)x

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card lovely and bright, it's fab.

Debbie said...

Fabulous cards Debby, love them both, but I especially like the Tilda card...great colours, so bright and cheerful. Debbie x

Tara said...

Beautiful cards Debby! What a fab idea to use a nestie circle cut into corners to make a fancy decoration, hope I can pinch that one! xx

Stacey said...

I bet this was a tricky one to work with but you have done brilliantly - I love this card!

I agree with you on the freebies though - I normally get shot of them too but these ones are really quite nice! ~x~

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards Debby, I love the papers and colours on the first one and the 2nd is so elegant. have a good day

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards, I love these butterflies, have used all of mine.
Love the papers you used.

Unknown said...

Polka dots, scallops, lace... YUM!! I just adore your take on Kazan's 2s4y sketch this week ;)

Jo said...

Ingenious! Love how you have used butterflies as well as the flower, this card is so colourful and jolly, I love it!
Thank you for joining in this week
Jo xx

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Stunning card! I love the butterflies. Well done.
x Natasha x

LISA said...

wow love both your cards the colours you have used are fab xxx

Denise Clark said...

Debby, love both your cards! On the first one, I really like the way you did the corners and the butterflies are gorgeous!

The second card is one of those wonderful simple cards that says so much with so little! Love it!

Suzanne said...

Oh this Tilda card is beautiful and I just love your take on the sketch.The other card is also gorgeous and I love your daisy. Sue :o)

cats whiskers said...

Congrats on your awards so well deserved. 2 fabby cards here dear love the colours and the butterflies on the Sketch Saturday card and the Daisy card is so classy. Just checked your counter wow!! but not surprised you make great cards
Hugs Jacqui x

Powerful Search Engine said...

I love the top card with the lovely Tilda you have coloured and the card works perfectly for the papertake challenge too! Pascale :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Debby Love the colours, Hugs Debbie x

Brocéliane said...

2 fabulous cards Debby :)

Lorraine A said...

Hi Debby, lovely cards both of them :-)
Lorraine

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning cards the daisy bucket papers are perfect ,love the card brilliant work ,hugs Dawnxx

Anonymous said...

Ohh how cute Debby!! love it :)

Happy new year to you hun!

Marlene x

Nixe-Moni said...

Oh this is such a cute card. I love the great colours and papers and Tilda looks so sweet.
Hugs
Moni

Anonymous said...

Great cards again Debby. I love the corners - what a great idea.
Kim

Bev said...

Fabulous cards Debbie, those butterflies are so cute. I love the 2nd card - it's so clean but stunning!

hugs Bev x

Jo said...

Fabulous cards Debby! Congratulations on your awards.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful cards Debbie. That Tilda one is gorgeous. The butterflies finish it off perfectly.
Sharon

Ali Watson said...

Stunning work Debby, the first one is just gorgeous i love it. You have inspired me to use those butterflies now, I just put them in the drawer. Yur second card is very classy, fab.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two gorgeous cards Debby and love the butterflies on your first card. Your doodling looks great too. Hugs, Nikki x

Murielle said...

Your card is just fabulous, Debby.
Lovely colours and details.
Hugs, Mumur

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful awards. Great idea to make this card. The colours are gorgeous. Hugs Marja

Unknown said...

Ok you are so silly Debbie this card is gorgeous!!! Love the texture and the soft color palette :) oh yes and I have a little thing for red wine myself ;)
Hugs
Kazan

Mrs J said...

2 gorgeous cards Debby, love them both! The flower on the second card looks so elegant - might have to have a go at making one, been meaning to for ages!
Sarah x

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful! Love what you did with Kazan's sketch! Don't sweat the "missing" bit...your interpretation is what matters.
(-: Heidi

Unknown said...

I love the green polka dots!!! So sweet.

Karin said...

Hi Deb,

love your new creations.
Great colored papers and tilda looks so very cute.

Have a great day,
xoxo Karin

Annie said...

gorgeous card Debby, love the bright colours and the dots - and the daisy card is very pretty too. hugs, annie x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Debby the Tilda one is my fav, love the bright colours and butterflys hugs Jill x

Lea L. said...

Love the embossed dots leading into that fabulous punched border! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Becky said...

Wow Debby! I adore your bringht and cheery card! I know it's early but it's my favourite card of 2009 so far!!
Love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

Both cards are fantastic!!! Hugs..SK :)

Hayley said...

WOW fantastic cards - love the top one - such attention to detail - fabby!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Debby, love newly inked Tilda and the 'nestie' corners...must use that idea!
Carole x

Anonymous said...

Your cards are `beautiful`Debby TFS:)~x~