Friday, January 30, 2009

Catch up Friday

Dawn has draw another great sketch for Papertake Weekly and I use one of those very expensive PB that I managed to buy just after Christmas, this one cost me a £1. I used Chatterbox papers and the scallop edge is Fiskars threading water punch and technically it shouldn't be there but it hides some messy ink smudges, that were on my fingers at the time of sticking down.

Amazing response to my Blog Candy, the idea of printing the comments and cutting it up and putting them in hat isn't going to work with nearly 400 comments so will have to have a bit of a rethink. I will officially close the draw at Noon, UK time and hope to have discovered a fair way to choose a winner.

Trying to catch up with everyone now this award if from Michele and I need to sort out ten honest things about me.




This one is from Julie



And this one from Heather

Many thanks


Now if you are aware of the drama in my house this week, I've some before and after photos. This is the hall, before;

The hall leads into the kitchen that then leads to the dining room. This is what all the floors looked like and the black stuff smells like tar, apart from the kitchen the floors had to be screened twice, each layer taking 4 hrs to dry.



Now look at the difference. I didn't realise my Hall was that big and so bright, although the floor shows up that the hall is in desperate need to be decorated, more chaos.

29 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

What a fantastic transformation of your hallway. Its amazing what you can do with new flooring and paintwork. I'll be glad when ours gets all finished but its a very slow process at the moment! Love your card too.

Jayne xx

Karen said...

Stunning cards Debbie. Love the pink lacey one and the images on the boys cards.

Gorjus !
Love Karen x

Zoe said...

Love the flooring! I'm trying to talk my husband into doing our lounge as our beloved 2 and half year old son has just about ruined the carpet! Love the card. The stamp was a real bargain! With regard to the blog candy i've seen a few people use a site called www.random.org to pick a winner if this helps. Not sure how it works as I've never used it myself.

Diane.W. said...

Oooo,the floor looks gorgeous Debby!!!
I have Oak floors throughout my house,so much easier with 3 dogs!!!

Your card is gorgeous,I have that image coloured & ready to go!!! :o)x

Annie said...

I am very envious of your PB bargain stamps - I have this cutie and he cost me a lot more! fabby card and love the colour scheme. I bet you are breathing a sigh of relief now your hall is finished - I'd wait awhile before decorating! hugs, annie x

amanda stokes said...

The hall looks great and so is the card!i cant wait till im back to normal!hugs amanda xx

cats whiskers said...

Cute card again Debby love that image and the colours and papers you hav used. Wow it does look different bet you feel all the upheavel was worth it now. Have a restful weekend dear after all the chaos
Hugs Jacqui x

Emma said...

Looks lovely :) Laminate is great :) Em xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Debby love the cute PB Image, Hugs Debbie x

Daisy Chain said...

Love the colours on your card.

What a difference in your hallway. So light, bright and clean.

Hugs Debbie xx

Danielle said...

What a great card Debby - the boy is soooo cute and I love how you sized the buttons down the side! NICE job on the hallway!! It must feel great to have that done now!
Hugs
Danielle x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Debby, I love these vintage PB stamps (don't suppose you want to share your source do you? LOL!)
Your flooring looks brilliant too, so hopefully it was worth all the trouble?

mellem said...

Hi!

You can use this link to randomly pick a winner http://random.org/integers/

ribenaruby said...

Fantastic boy creation, love the flooring even though it seems to take forever, but well worth it!

Deb said...

oh wow, your hall looks fabulous, so worth all that trouble! Love your sweet card, such a fab, cute image!
Hope you have a great weekend!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Love the new floor! For giveaways, I see many people using Random.org
(random integer generator)
Have a good day!

Caroline said...

Stunning card! The image is gorgeous! Caroline x

Jo said...

This is absolutely adorable...such a cute image! Your hallway looks fabulous....well worth the wait and the mess!

Jill said...

gorgeous card Debby and your new florring looks wonderful hugs Jill x

Tracey said...

Love your card!! And your new floor looks amazing!!

Joasia* said...

HI!
Fantastic transformation :)

nessy said...

adorable card debbie ~what a gorgeous stamp!
congrats on your awards!!
love your hall etc ~just what we need to do here ~ our carpet is not pretty with two boys!!
vanessa xx

Ali Watson said...

A fantastic card Debby, and the floor looks magnificant. Have a lovely weekend.

Suzanne said...

Oh I love your card and how lucky are you getting all these gorgeous stamps so cheap!! Great transformation in your hall certainly worth all the upheaval. Have a great weekend Sue :o0

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh wow, your floor looks awesome!! Love that image too, darling!! Great colors, fun card:-)

Sew This N That said...

Your hallway looks beautiful Debby, a little mess and dust to start but the finish results is wow!
**Hugs** Heather x

Mrs Mayne said...

Love your card and the hallway looks great! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Iren said...

Amazing good looking your new hallway!!!

debra said...

Eat your heart out house doctor
the transformation is great it really brightens everything up and also looks more spacious.
Debra xx