Friday, April 12, 2019

Butterflies and Blossoms



I was very lucky to receive the Lotus Frame from Simon says Stamp Blossoms and Butterflies, at first I wondered how I could use it differently then just layering on card.

So I cut a frame and coloured the stem and flowers using a blending tool and a couple dye inkpads.
I then smudged some colour on white large enough for green stems and leaves and another piece large enough flowers.
Then cut out another frame but cut off the stems and flowers, this way I had a perfect white frame.

I used the same inkpads to randomly coloured round the edges of the bottom mat. Using a stamp postioner  I stamped the sentiment from Simon says Stamps Thoughtful Messages.

14 comments:

Pat said...

This is very pretty with the die cut lotus flower and frame Debby in the pinky purple and green, and love the blended background using the same colours, and finished with the perfect large sentiment too. A beautiful and elegant card. x

JoAnn said...

So very pretty. Love the colors you used and how you blended the ink around the edges of the bottom layer - so pretty. Love the pretty die cut.

Francisca said...

oh i like de card .
Greatings `Francisca

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Debby, beautifully designed and coloured love it, Kate x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stupendous card Debby, love the colours.
Faith x

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous card, Debby! Such a creative way to make a perfectly color-coordinated card. Your flowers look so delicate, and the frame is a perfect way to draw the eye to their lovely detail.

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful I love the colours and the frame too hugs Pops x

Sandra H said...

So pretty Debby love the two colours they go so well together and gorgeous die ysed to frame the flower too! X

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful work Debby! I love how you added colour to your pretty flower :)

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Debby, I love the colours you have chosen and how you have decorated the bottom mat to match the flowers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

This is so pretty Debby, love the coordination right through. The strong outline very much reminds me of Clarice Cliff xx

Wendy said...

So beautiful Debby.
Wendy xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty card Debby and those two colours work so well together

Anne

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Debby..love the technique and I love the colours..gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx