Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Slimline Chilly



The latest trend in cards seem to be slimline but every stamp/die company seems to have their own ideas of what size. Here in the UK we have always made them to fit the DL envelopes so I cut my cards 10.5 cm by 20.5cm, my cards tend to be a bit lumpy so this enables the cards to fit comfortably in the envelope.

I brought some Lawn Fawn slimline dies one called Small Slimline with flaps which I haven't used and Large Slimline with Sliders. Next time I need to pay attention to what I'm buying because I can only use the smaller of the two slimline dies.

So I had a go at using Mo's Chilly which I coloured up ages ago with the colours to match some download papers I printed off. The other problem you have to split the papers simply because 6inch papers aren't long enough.

I was so pleased with this Creative Expression sentiment die I really love the Simon say Stamps retired stamp that as this saying so discovering this little beaut really made by day.

8 comments:

Marja Sch said...

Such a wonderful slimline card. I bought this one because it got smaller ones also. https://www.carlijndesign.nl/a-60204231/snijmallen/snijmallen-dl-slimline-kaart/ Greetings Marja

Sandra H said...

This is just gorgeous x

Pat said...

This is a really cute MM image and love the snowflakes and the sentiment die, and the blue tones of the papers work to add to the chilly feel of the card. If one of the dies is too tall or too wide you can cut and then move the die over so it hangs off the edge and recut to make a smaller shape which I have done a few times when something doesn't fit on the card. It is a bit laborious but as long as you slot the die into stitched lines properly you would never know. I am probably preaching to the converted here as you probably already know this but just in case you don't I have done this with some of mine in the past. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really beautiful card with a fab image and great papers.

A little tip with digital papers is to fit them to a size you require and then print, they are then perfect. This can be done in Word. 1. Insert shape 2. Shape Format 3. Size - add size and it will be as you want. 4. Insert digital paper, 5. Picture Format 5. Crop - add size you want, move the black corners to size the paper to the rectangle, click crop, it will be the size you want, then print. Hope I haven't told the knowing LOL.
Faith x

JoAnn said...

Great slimline card with that adorable image. Love all the fluff on his hat and coat. The papers are perfect and so pretty in blue.

Lin said...

I'm loving these slimline designs, Debby and yours went straight onto my Pinterest board! Love, love, LOVE your card in these pretty blues!!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is beautiful! I love your downloaded papers. They're perfect to set your little scene.

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card is fabulous Debby


Anne