Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Hugs



I've been meaning to use this stamp for a while, it was the last Simon says Stamp Card Kit I received, I knew I was going to paper piece the umbrella but in the end I decided to do the skirt as well.

I made the cloud background with the cloud stencil that came with the kit. Although not obvious I used the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch 808 by cutting the background and layered it with white possibly the mistake but hey ho.

The sentiment is also from the stamp set with the large image and I used an Alphabet die for the hugs. Couldn't believe I didn't have a hugs die so I had to remedy that immediately.

10 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the words.

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card and great paper piecing Debby....those words are so apt for what going on at the moment.

Anne

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Carol S. said...

Perfect image and text for the time we are in Debby. Fab card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautifully feminine and love the hugs sentiment also.
Take care
Faith x

Pop's Cards said...

Love this the papers look amazing on her and that sentiment is just perfect, hugs Pops x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great oaper piecing and the clouds look fab, wish mine were as good

Pat said...

That's fabulous with all the paper piecing and love the clouds stencilled in the background Debby and a great sentiment too. A beautiful card. x

Cheryl W said...

Super card! I love the papers you used for your piecing. They're light, but colorful, and, well, hopeful!

shazza said...

Brilliant! Love how you have done this card.
Paper piecing is not something I do often, however, seeing your creations has inspired me.