Saturday, July 11, 2020

A Little All Things Crafty Update




A bit of an update this Saturday Morning, first of my lastest crochet project The Climbing Rose Wrap from Crochet Inside Magazine by Janie Crow. I didn't get the kit and chosen my own colours using Stylecraft Special DK.
The Main colour is Duck Egg with Cream Cloud Blue, Pale Rose, Powder Pink, Pistaschio and Cypress. I have used less colours than Janie Crow but I think it working out quite well.
I'm on the last set of hexagons although these ones seem to come our a bit larger so hoping that when they are stitched together it will all work out.


Below is my finished Arcadia from Helen Shrimpton aka Crystals and Crochet. Made with Stylecraft Special DK. I used the right hook size but it doesn't have the same warm huggable feel to it and I will have to go back down a size for my next one.


July is a busy month for Birthdays so I've coloured up a few images and I still have a few to do. This is how I colour my images, I have to work out which part to colour so I can layer them.


I also brought another Lazer Cut Stampin Up InkPad shelf, I know the other inkpads are a bit small for the slots but it works out OK and they both match each other.


11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

You have been a busy bee

Pat said...

Wow Debby what fabulous work and your patterns get more intricate and love the colours you chose for the Climbing Rose Wrap, and the finished Arcadia is gorgeous. You have been busy with your stamping and colouring up of images too and look forward to seeing the finished looks of all these, not all at once though...lol. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Debby your crochet us beautiful and I just love the colours your have chosen..you are a very talented lady... Its nice to see how other crafters work when colouring images....can I ask where you got your blending brushes from please?...

Anne

Lin said...

You are a busy girl, Debby! I really love your first project, the colors are so soothing! It will make a spectacular wrap! Please post a pic of it when it's all joined together!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Your crocheting is amazing, I love the climbing roses hexagons, Cant wait to see the finished result. The Arcadia is fantastic too. I think I must try to crochet again as I love seeing everyone elses makes, Hazel xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I Really like your crochet, such beautiful work, I love the colours of the wrap. What a great idea to colour your digis like that, I wish I knew what I would be doing, I go from one to the next with lots of time choosing in between LOL.
Take care
Faith x

Lynne in NI said...

Your crochet work is stunning Debby, those colours are so pretty together. Great to see a peek into your craftroom too!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love your crotchet Debby. I finished my UFO teacloth this year.
Keep well. Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Sandra H said...

Such a busy bee as specified above x

Cheryl W said...

You do such beautiful work, whether it's with paper or yarn!

Eva said...

Thank you for the pictures and the look into your crafty corner. Love your cards and I'm always happy to visite your blog. Why not comment this? I do!
Eva from Austria