Saturday, June 06, 2020

Catch Up X Stitch



No crochet update I've only just picked it up again since its been too hot to crochet under it. Have got on with the X stitch though just working on the floor then its the worse bit the outline but thats what brings it all alive.

I've brought another couple of Little Stitchery UK patterns so I can have a series of three ballet dancers and I'm going to leave them in a hoop just need to work out how you tidy up the back once its finished and stretched.

This time though I've brought the stranded cotton threads for them and I had to give my bobbin box a good tidy to make room for them.

My bobbin box is from B&Q years ago, it fits loads of the paper bobbins and it's a twin box so you have two sides. And with a carry handle, it hides behind the sofa and wall in my living room.



10 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely cross stitch Debby and I also had one of those B&Q boxes to put crafty bits in....
Have a good weekend

Anne

Michelle said...

Beautiful bit of stitching - Michelle x

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Debby, your stitching is fabulous and a very pretty image, Kate x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful image, beautifully worked Debby. Great storage box.
Take care
Faith x

Pat said...

Lovely to see your cross stitch in progress Kath, and will be finished beautifully with the ouline stitching. I made a blackwork bookmark for hubby many years ago which he still uses, and the kit came with a piece of felt to stick on the back to hide the stitching, so maybe you could do something like that on your ballet dancers to cover tbe back. x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is beautiful, I love when you add the back stitch, its like it comes to life. Your bobbin box is great, I have 2 wee ones and they are full to bursting point. Hazelxx

Cheryl W said...

You do lovely needlework. I hope you'll share it with us again when it is all done.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful! I always loved my cross-stitch but haven't got the eyesight for it now :( My bobbin box NEVER looked as tidy as yours LOl!

Pat said...

Hi Debby, I just wanted to apologise for my previous comment where I called you Kath, must have been looking at Kath's blog post before this and was obviously having a senior moment. I think I tend to think of you with crochet and not cross stitch, and I do hate it when I mix people up. Take care. x

Pop's Cards said...

Oh Debby I love to see peoples stitching this is just so pretty, I love how she is coming along, hugs Pops x