Thursday, June 04, 2020

Butterflies



I was dead jealous that the Simon says Stamp card kit had the amazing butterflies stamps and knew I wouldn't be receiving that one when I suddenly remembered that I have the Hero Arts Antique Butterflies a really old set but it works just as well.

I did used copics to colour them and I coloured two each of the designs so I could cut the two top wings to layer on the base one to give a 3d effect. The antenna are cut from a butterfly die that comeswith the body and wings separate so the the body part is stuck underneath. It just makes it easier to cut them out.

The leaves die is SSS Clustered Leaves and I used one of their Birthday sentiments. The frame was made with a Wooden Frame die from Hero Arts. 

9 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Debby, what a stunning card, beautifully designed and coloured, the butterflies are gorgeous, love it, Kate x x

Carole said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love, love, love butterflies and went through a phase where just about every card I made had at least one butterfly on it. The colors of the butterflies are what makes this card so eye-catching.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card Debby.
Take care
Faiht x

Lin said...

That is a beautiful set, Debby, I must get it out and use it again, too! Beautiful colors!

Pat said...

This is so elegant and pretty Debby and love the blue and yellow colours on the dimensional butterflies, and those large leaves and the wooden frame show them off splendidly. A gorgeous card! x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super and what a great idea to layer the wings up!! Hope all is well, Hazel

Lorraine said...

A stunning card Debby - Love it
Lorraine x

Cheryl W said...

I just love the contrast of your brightly colored butterflies against the all-white background. So gorgeous!

Fikreta said...

so pretty card!