Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Shaker Mermaid


I don't know why I make things more complicated for myself but making a shaking card where the background, frame and base come out of the same Oxide background and matching with each other, trust me it wasn't easy!

The easy bit was the Simon says Stamp BeautifulMermaid and all the fishes, seahorse and reeds, they just need colouring and cutting out. The colouring I used Faber Castell Polychromos and when I finished cutting out I edged the poorly cut edges with a Pumice Stone Distress Marker, I do class this as my secret weapon.

The sequins came with the card kit and that sweet sentiment is from Simon says Stamp Messages for Everyday using theirs Stitched Banners.

I obviously didn't heed my own warning because there's another shaker card in my drafts!


5 comments:

Lucille K said...

Just love your card, the colors and design are wonderful :)

Pat said...

Such a sweet and pretty mermaid Debby and love the blue watercoloured background and the reeds, seahorse and fishes look great in the oval shaker. You are right, shaker cards entail a lot of work, and you have done this beautifully. x

Cheryl W. said...

Fun card. I love making shaker cards, even though they're a bit fussy and take extra time.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous shaker card Debby, love the mermaid- she looks fabulous
Lorraine x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh this is lovely Debby. The watery finish to the paper is gorgeous. Such a sweet underwater scene. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo