Thursday, January 10, 2008

Di Hickman Jan#2

This is my card for the Di Hickman card sketch Jan#2, I used an a stamps away clear stamp which I got before Christmas and paper pieced her from scraps, stamped and coloured the blossom unfortunately I don't know who made the stamp and the chinese Happy Birthday is a Francoise stamp. I so wanted to put something else on the card but I think it would spoil it, less is more or so they say.
Its Friday so what have you got planned for the weekend. Sis is waiting for a new car and I was hoping that it might need a test drive but she soon put a spanner in the works by informing me it's U can Make it show next week and loads of spending money is required. I'm having withdrawing symptoms, haven't brought anything crafty for ages, well all except Francoise book which I'm still waiting for, free postage always seems a good idea at the time.

One good thing is the Scrapbuddies Crop on Sunday at Mychett Community Centre, catch up with like minded people, not sure what I'm doing yet might take some Magnolias to colour in ready for the challenge at Tilda & Co on Monday. So if you fancy to drop by please do, most of us scrapbook, but we do have a couple of ladies who are cardmakers.

11 comments:

Susie Little said...

She is so cute, your card is beautiful, think I might have a go at this paper piecing lark!
thanks for your comment on my card and visiting my blog"
Susie xx

Marlou McAlees said...

love this beautiful card Debby!!! i love that gorgeous stamp, its like those lovely momji collectors dolls :) enjoy your weekend xx

Marge said...

Very sweet card; love the paper piecing!!!

Marge

Etha said...

That's beautiful! I love that blossom stamp, let us know if you ever find out who it is from :)

Muckyfingers said...

Beautiful interpretation Debby xx
Annette xx sbs8

A Hovel to Home said...

ohhh, very pretty.

Deb said...

Fabulous card Debby, I so love this cute lady, paper piecing is so effective isn't it, I love it!

My Paper World said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

Leann said...

what a cute stamp!
love this card :)

Kelly said...

Love it - great colors and stamps, and it's so original. :)

Spot-On said...

oh how cute is that! love it!!! TFS!!