Friday, January 10, 2020

CAS(e) this Sketch


I didn't know whether to use the card for Wednesday Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge card or this one.

I used the CAS(e) for last week by cutting the Paper Rose Magnolia die so I had the large Bloom. The frame was of course made with Simon says Stamp Stitched Ovals and the sentiment is from
Daisy Bouquet stamp set.

I have made a couple of decision over New Year apart from trying to post more regular and I will post the ones that end up in the bin, Hubby as told me that just because I don't like it doesn't mean others do. The plan is to enjoy the process of making a card.

I don't know if you're aware but people chose a word to focus on during the year, I've never joined in before but this year I plan to. My word is EFFORT its really more of a sentence, Make an EFFORT. When you in chronic pain and that in turn make you feel very tired sometimes the easy path is to do nothing and generally its making the effort is the hardest thing to get past.

For example I go to Friday Swimmers Disabled and Rehabilitation Club (they won the Queens Award last year) its getting out of bed, dressed and actually going, the hardest thing to do once there, you feel so much better. Although it doesn't last and I plan nothing for the rest of the day. But you interact with people the same and many times worse than yourself and you're exercising muscles that would'nt get used and helping joints that already hurt.

Sometimes its really hard to get into my craftroom but this year I going to try and make the EFFORT because even if I only make half a card or colour a image thats more than I would've done.

4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm glad you made the effort with this beautiful card Debby, it really is CAS perfection. Perhaps I'll try and give some "effort" to things too.
Faith x

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful card. Effort is a good word to choose and "making the effort" is sometimes harder than actually doing it. :)
Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing your lovely card.

Cheryl W said...

Hooray for you in focusing on effort in 2020. I like your idea and will think about doing the same, myself. Your card is beautiful. The effort you put into making it was well worth it!

Pat said...

This is beautifully CAS Debby, and I think the word 'effort' is a good one as lots of us don't always make the effort to do things and just can't be bothered for one reason or another and you have more reasons that a lot for not always being able to do what you want through pain and movement difficulties and subsequent tiredness, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about it, but nevertheless it is good to try and push through it. x