Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Penquin Party


wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Stitch It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas! We hope you have a fabulous time with your family and friends and we hope Santa leaves you something crafty under the tree!
This week the challenge is

Party Time!

Time to get your glad rags on and party while you craft!
We are showcasing our very own Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px



I've used stamps and dies from Simon Says Stamp with the help of Doodlebug and Lawn Fawn, first my cute penguin called Picture Book Happy Penguin.

I decided once he was stuck down that I wanted his wing to go round my balloon string so I actually had to cut two, one to cut off the wing. I managed to trim the wing of the one stuck down and tucked the cut end of the new wing underneath and bend the wing with a thin pen, with a cocktail stick/toothpick put a bit of glue in between so neither the string or wing would move.

My balloons are made with Doodlebug Cream and Sugar, they're actually scraps which I keep with the pack that way I'm not wasting a whole sheet to cut out contrasting embellishments. The balloons are Simon Says Stamp Celebration Time dies and their string are Doodlebug Twine.

I decided to use the Lawn Fawn Speech Bubble Border die because I'm trying to avoid my cards having too many straight lines!

My sentiment is Simon Says Stamp Big Birthday Wishes stamp set and added a second sentiment on Simon Says Stamps Stitched Banners die.



Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.

10 comments:

Lin said...

Your little penguin and his balloons makes such a festive card, Debby - love the bright happy colors!

Chrissy said...

He is so cute holding his balloons Debby...gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute and lovely colours

Pat said...

I adore your party penguin with his pretty bunch of balloons Debby, and the papers are really lovely. x

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable image. Your cards are always amazing. Have a Happy Christmas.

Sarah said...

This is adorable xx

Cheryl W. said...

Awesome card! And fun to see something other than a Christmas card this week.

JoAnn said...

What a fun card with that cute penguin and the pretty colors.

Stephanie said...

Oh. My. Word. This is TOO sweet! Love the penguin holding balloons! Brilliant design!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Fikreta said...

so cute!
Merry Christmas!🎄🎅⛄
hugs , Fiki