Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Tealight


I'm in charge of posting the new challenge on Everybody Art so I schedule that but forgot to do mine.

Making a tealight isn't my thing, I make cards or scrapbook, but a lightbulb moment said why not use the Stamping Up die. The biggest problem with that I needed two to be exactly the same.

To make sure I cut two bits of card, first off tried cutting two together, trust me it didn't work no matter how many times I ran it through the bigshot. The next step was to score two lines to create right angle and then I placed the die in the corner and repeat on the second this worked out make better.

I added the vellum before scoring down the centre then using thin red tape stuck together. I have to say I cheated there is no bottom, I place the tealight cover over the top but I do advise to buy battery ones I wouldn't trust leaving it over a real candle.

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful die Debby and works well with all the open space and the light shines through really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and creative. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Debby..imagine lots of these down the centre of a table..great use ofhe die..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous, love the black die cut against the velum.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debby this is a stunning tea-light holder. I was very tempted to buy this die. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could see these being used on the tables at a wedding reception. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that in line with European Data Protection Laws (GDPR), by commenting you know that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for this specific purpose. For more information, please see my Data Protection and Privacy Policy tab.