Saturday, February 25, 2012

Penny Black Saturday and Make Show report


Not sure why my puddy cat is so wishy washy yet the papers look nice a bright, its pretty obviously that photography isn't something I excel at.
It's sketch time at Penny Black Saturday challenge this week and as you can see I used a Penny Black pussy cat slapstick stamp. The papers are My Mind's Eye and the Woodware punches were working overtime for the flowers and leaves.


Here's the sketch we're using designed by Nat one of the DT and we have a fab prize from Fantastic Ribbons who are at The Make It Show at Farnborough Hants this weekend. I know for a fact they have some fab gingham ribbon and some spotty grosgrain. A bit of tip if there is a group of you why not buy 20 rolls for £25 works out at £1.25 a reel.
I had a great day out at the show but I purposely went to just have a browse, honestly I don't need any paper  and I'm not sure I would find much for scrapbooking but I don't think I would have had a problem at finding some for cards. My Mum's Craft Shop had a table of 6inch pads from various manufactures.
I don't need stamps having recently brought my much loved Sarah Kay, the London Penny Black and maybe a few LOTV fell in my basket online too.
But my downfall was the first stall was Oyster Crafts who had all the new Memory Box dies, bang went half my budget! I did manage to get a guillotine for £20 at CraftyDevils, I'm so fed up that when I'm at crops my paper trimmer fluffs up the cardstock just got to remember to keep my fingers out of the way guillotine blade!
A lot of the time was chatting with crafty friends.
Don't forget to join the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and check out the team.

42 comments:

Sinikka said...

hahaha great image, reminds me of my cat......
Hugs Sinikka

scrappymo! said...

So very pretty...I know what it is like to be tempted by the Memory Box Dies. I have several and yet there are several ,ore still calling to me!

Janneke said...

What a great card Debby ;o)
Love the stamp that you used ..

Janneke XO

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debby, the colouring is fabulous!

Glad to hear that you had a great time and found a guillotine, I recently got one too and it's fantastic compared to the trimmer I had.

Love
Maarit

nessy said...

oh debby what a sweet card ~so very pretty, love the cat!!
vanessa xx

Mary J said...

Great take on that sketch Debby! Love the little scene you've created - the fence and flowers just fab!

Hlora said...

What a great job did you do. Gorgeous card with beautiful image.

Nicki said...

Fab card Debby, I love the colouring on your kitty cat, and the papers are gorgeous.

Nicki, xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Debby - fabulous colours.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx

Mervi said...

Oh so beautiful card -
as always!
hugs and greetings from Finland;-))m

Whisper said...

Am loving the bright cheeery colours.

Sounds like you had fun at Farnborough, lucky i didn't go as i would have spent a fortune at Oysters Stamps !"!!, Luv Sam x

Aud said...

Really nice card Debby love the image and this sketch is great. Aud x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Debby, i love this sweet cat.

Hugs Suze xxx

Trudy said...

This is fab Debby, what a beautiful image and lovely card.
Hugs Trudy

Vicky said...

Fabulous card loving the lush colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby..your card is `beautiful` love the pussy cat..always a pleasure to catch up :) xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the ginger cat. Sounds like you had a lovely time at the show. :)

angelwhispers said...

Sounds like you had a great time Debby and I don't blame you for buying the memory box dies everyone is just so delicate and beautiful!

Love your Penny lack card its just beautiful! Have a lovely weekend Love Chanelle xxx

Sandra H said...

Fabulous sketch Debby and a brilliant card:) Sandra H

Nannieflash said...

Oh Debby that is gorgoeus and so very pretty, love the way youve coloured your image. hugs Shirleyx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what an adorable little kitty - gorgeous spring scene
Lisa x

Danielle said...

Aww ... he's so cute Debby! Gorgeous array of papers and colours and I love the pop of brown in the fence! Hugs, Danielle x

Renkata said...

Adorable and cute card Debby!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card Debby! Lovely summer details! hugs, Marlies

heidy said...

Hi Debby,sounds you had a great time and your card is so pretty!
Hugs Heidy

coops said...

love this debby.your colours are gorgeous and fab sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Kort og Søm said...

Gorgeous, just love the colors!
Hugs Fredrikke :O)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I like the cat, the colours and the papers.
Kevin xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Debby, such pretty papers and love that sweet image too :o) Lisa x

gill said...

I went on Friday and also spent most of my budget at Oyster Stamps. I thought they had the best stall in terms of content. I could have bought loads more.
Gill

Anonymous said...

Grgeous Debby and great sketch! Sounds like you had a good shopping spree, LOL!
Helen x

Lee said...

Real cute moggy,love the 3D flowers,Beautiful card.Hugs xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww as ever a gorgeous card, adorable image, fab colouring, beautiful papers & eambelies, sue,x

Fleur said...

Fab card Debby
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card. I love the image.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Debby. Love the colours

coldwaters2 said...

Awwww such a cutie image and what gorgeous Spring colours you have used, those flowers and papers look super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Helen said...

this is so cute!

XxJULESxX said...

love the cute image Debby, card is gorgeous!!

Amanda xx said...

Oh isnt he gorgeous xxxxx hugs amanda

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgoeus card Ginny x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

I adore this creation, fabulous as always :O)

Mwah

ali x