Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Newton Nook


wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Showers and Flowers Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Anything Goes

This week we are showcasing Newton's Nook Products. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


What's better than one Pug that'll be two not sure if my body colour is correct but they still look cute. I've used the fab Newton Nook Pug Hugs even brought the dies too.

Now lets see if I can remember what I used first off the papers are Echo Park I Love Family, one design was wood looking so I cut my Memory Box Birch Tree with it. Now you can really see it but I cut in half, the first bit with the branches stick out the top of my sentiment mat and you can just see the base just below one of the pugs. To make it look a tree I added some leaves with Poppystamps Sprig die. 

I cut my sentiment mat using the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles and the actual sentiment came with the Pug Hugs stamp set. Once all stuck down I realised I had a large white space the top half of the rectangle and it annoyed me. Orginally I thought of stamping paw prints but didn't have one small enough, will have to rectify that one soon. But I did know I have some paw print dies from Paper Smooches Dog Icon Wise dies, the actual die I used is the one with a paw print inside the circle it was just the right size. The paw print was cut from the scraps left over from cutting the tree.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in



7 comments:

Pat said...

These pugs are such fun and really cute, and the background paper, tree and foliage and paw prints work beautifully with them, and a great sentiment too. x

sue w. said...

Hi Debbie, these are so cute, love their expression.
Hugs Sue W.

Chrissy said...

They are cute little fellows and love your tree and leaves Debby.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lin said...

Too cute, Debby! Love them with the plaid background!

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Debby, love these pugs 😍❤️❤️

Luv
Lols x x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE those pugs, a perfect card for them.
Faith
x

Jennifer Jackson said...

Such a fun card! I just love the way you colored those pugs! Simply adorable! And everything is cuter when there is two! Thank you for featuring our images on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}