Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sparkler


Yes I'm still on Clean and Simple but Mo's Sparkler kinda made me go down that road. I cut a Penny Black swirl out of glitter card and cut the end swirl off so it would fit at the end of her wand.

I did paper piece her dress which is easy to do and even better with Doodlebug papers since their 6inch pack has smaller patterns. Out came some favourites my Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop borders die and my large retro flower punch.

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, a good verse for all sorts of occasions.

I managed to make a couple of cards yesterday before my craftroom got too hot but it looks like the mini heatwave has broken with some rumbling thunder and a couple of flashes of lightening last night.

20 comments:

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! Love her paper pieced dress xx

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunner! Such a clever way to use the image and I love your layering and paper piecing, Jo x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous design and image Debby. Love the pretty papers and the swirl coming from her wand.
Lorraine x

Swissie said...

Just wonderful! I love the image and how you have used the swirl.
Liv xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How happy she looks with a great die for the wand magic! Such pretty papers and card. Love it.
Faith
x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous . Love, love those dogs!! Made me smile. Hugs. Jan.x

Pat said...

You are so clever with your little extra touches Debby and the little girl is so sweet and beautifully coloured and layered using those lovely papers. Love that large flower too. x

Artes de Nágela said...

Absolutely adorable!
Cheers!

Sarah said...

So lovely Debby xx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty!

Martie Rollin said...

Love the swirls at the end of the wand...very clever! I really like how you've used the floral print designer paper...very pleasing on the eyes. Nice!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Debby..love her paper pieced dress and the swirl is fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, I love it Debby xx

Maria said...

Love the card Debby. The paper used and how you put everything
together is just wonderful.
Maria x

Carol S. said...

I'm in awe of your cutting out and paper piecing is amazing. Fab card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Cheryl W. said...

That is such a creative way to make a sparkler. Love it!

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely gorgeous and i love the way you have added the swirly glittery die, Luv Sam x

Sandra H said...

Wow such a gorgeous card I love all of the beautiful details that you have added xx

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card, love how you added the swirl :)

Susi said...

OK, I'm hooked and am signing up to be a stalker - ummm, I mean "follower" - of your blog! :-) This card reminds me of my Granddaughter with her long ponytails and happy outlook. SO adorable!