Tuesday, April 08, 2008

That's life

Well life got in the way of crafting and yesterday evening I still haven't started any of the challenges that I love doing and I was at my Sister's with no craft stuff. So I borrowed her Tilda stamp and some scraps out of her scrap box while she watched her soaps, I have obviously been over there far too much lately I'm starting to know the names of the characters! So the challenge over Tilda & Co is stitching, I was going to do faux stitching but Sis brown pen was too light so I settled on actual stitching. I used watercolour pencils to colour the image and that yellow ribbon is really orange so how its managing to look yellow I have no idea. Congrats to my SBS8 sister Fran who won the Tilda & Co challenge last week.
Remember the Daring Cardmakers challenge card I posted on Saturday, the one that Kathy agreed with me that I cheated well I've been looking at it most of the weekend and if I didn't do something with it soon it would find itself in the bin. What a difference a bit of pink card can make and now I will use it.


18 comments:

Debbie said...

Fab card love your backing papers and your stitching

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards. I love the soft colours and papers you have used on the Tilda one

Jo said...

beautiful cards! I had a browse at your blog and adore your cps #58 card...wowsa!
I want that stamp! (stampendous you say?....hmmmm)

Thank you for commenting on my blog, lol at you calling your sewing machine Damon!! I can't repeat what I call mine! *blushes*

Jo xx

Deb said...

Beautiful Tilda card, great stitching, love what you did with your DCM card loved it before but even better now!

Frances said...

Thanks Debby :) great card (but I can tell you didn't have your stash around you, as it's not as detailed as your normal ones :))

Agree that bit of pink card makes the world of difference! x

A Hovel to Home said...

I can't believe that I've missed out on such wonderful work. Looking forward to catching up with your blog.

kay SBS8

Nancy said...

love the cards, thanks for stopping by my blog ..

(( hugs ))

Murielle said...

Lovely compostion!

Marlene said...

Wowza! love the block idea, and the whole card is fab!!

Marlene x

Janet said...

Two fabulous Cards Debby! I recieved the gorgeous blog candy you sent me today. I am sooo lucky to have won it!I love the stamp, ribbon, paper, flowers and the card you made is soooo beautiful I will treasure it! Thank you so much!
Janet X

Marlou McAlees said...

Beautiful cards Debby!! :) x

My Paper World said...

They are both beautiful debby!
I love your cute Tilda, and your REAL stitching looks fab! xx

nessy said...

more beautiful cards from you -love the colours and lovely tilda used on one card!!
vanessa xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning cards ,brilliant work ,Dawnx

Julie said...

Have to say I agree, that bit of pink card does make a big difference. Two great cards

Stacey said...

Simple but absolutely stunning! Sometimes, less really is more! ~x~

Diane said...

I love your work so much,this is so beautiful!!1

Anonymous said...

I haven’t checked in here for a while because I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend!.