Saturday, March 01, 2008

What no Tilda's

So that sneaky lot over DCM challenge issued the challenge for feminine card with out using Tilda's, Sugar Nellie's and Bella's. I've used a stamp I've had for a while from the Simpy Friends stamps, used two scoops and left it quite simple although my camera isn't at all happy with checks.
So imagine the scene you're sitting watching a bit of telly relaxing with a glass of wine when you suddenly realise you've done something really stupid. I've made a thank you card, nice white paper insert for the message, few bits of ribbon in a envelope, pop the address on the front, rip off the backing of the sticky bit, close the envelope and just catch the Postman. So what had I forgotten, to write the message so someone is receiving a card with ribbon in it with no clue who sent it!!!!! Maybe eccentric was right after all.
Thanks for the ideas for my a-z journal my OH though Enough (LOL) was the right one thanks Fran but I know what I've decided now to put it to paper.

26 comments:

Andrea, said...

Great card, I love her paper pieced dress

Sandy said...

Wow this is wonderful. Really pretty design. Love it.

Frances said...

Fab card Debby, love the layout.

Glad I could be of assistance re. your word for E. (only because that's what I would use if I did one LOL)

Got your card and it being blank only made me laugh and enjoy more!!!! Besides, I figured it was you anyway, it's got your style 'written' all over it :D

Fran xx

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow Deb its gorgeous , love the colours.

Andrea :)

Jackie said...

Love the card Debby.......your lady is gorgeous.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog

SueH said...

Your card is just perfect Debbie.
The stamp is so elegant and the colours are beautiful.

Anne said...

Very stylish, love the paper pieced image!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely! Love the way you have the ribbon going behind her ankles - great card!

Lythan said...

I'm sure this must have been hard as you are sooooo good with the Tilda's. I'd never thought to decoupage the petticoat like that and it looks fantstic. But this card is wonderful too

Rosie said...

That's a stunning card... and I LOL @ you posting that card - it wouldn't be the first time I've sent stuff out without notes or even my postcode on the back of the envelope! (However, I AM blonde!! *g*)

Kathy W said...

loved how you paper pieced her dress and then used same paper in background, well done!

Suzanne said...

Sorry i haven't dropped by for a few days lots on my mind!!! Every thing you have posted since the last time is gorgeous well done!! Sue :o)

Rosanne said...

Great card, love how you offset the stamped image!

Lavender Rose said...

Fantastic card made with gorgeous papers, love this!

My Paper World said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Debby! xx

Jilli said...

Great card, love the stamp!

Gwen said...

This so beautiful!! love the way you did her dress!!! you should do more of these!!!

tracie said...

beautiful card, love the colour and the stamp is just lovely :-)x

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love this BG and the checked dress is very stylish!

so funny about the blank card, thing is I have done that before too

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love this BG and the checked dress is very stylish!

so funny about the blank card, thing is I have done that before too

Etha said...

So beautiful!! I LOVE what you did with her dress, tre chique :)

Mucky Pup said...

Fabulous card, I love the paper pecing on that super image!

Kathy said...

This is just soooo stylish - what a fab stamp.

And btw, it's so heartening to know I'm not the only one who does daft things like that!

Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous card!!! its beautiful :) x

Cheryl said...

Debby, such a lovely, retro card!

Annette said...

How many glasses of wine did you say you had Debby!!?? got a good giggle out of that...your card is stunning by the way, a very well dressed woman! :0)