Sunday, October 26, 2014

Holiday Frame


I've had the Holiday Frames from Simon Says Stamp for a few and I've been wanting to use it but other things kept getting in the way. But I saw this weeks Freshly Made Sketch I thought this would work.
Since I wanted to make a little scene inside the frame I cut out another Merry with double sided tape on the back so all I had to do was to cut the bottom and attached on top of the existing Merry. You may notice that I added the waste inside the letters R and A thats a bit of me that doesn't like the empty space where is should be.
I'm wondering now if the little houses die that Simon Says Stamps are smaller than the Memory Box one I've used cos I reckon they may work a bit better. My snow is using the curvy die from Spellbinders.
Last of all my snowflake another Simon Says Stamps Abby Snowflake die, again I added double sided tape to the back and layered them together to help it pop.
Had a successful day yesterday and four cards made admittingly a couple have gone down the CAS route but I actually like them!

34 comments:

Joke de Wit said...

Heel mooi gemaakt Debby.Groetjes Joke

Sarah said...

Brilliant card Debby and I would have done the same with the "waste" bits too, you can't have letters looking wrong!! xx

brenda said...

What a pretty Christmas card Debby and rather liking the alternative seasonal colours.

Have a good Sunday.
B x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab dies.xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great little scene and yes you definitely need the waste on the R and A.

Janette said...

Gorgeous winter scene, just love it, fab card Debby.x

Sue said...

Stunning card Debby, I love the design.
hugs Sue xx

Lynne in NI said...

Fab winter scene - love how you have the 2 colours on your sentiment ... and I would have added in those wee bits too :)

Jan Clothier said...

A very stylish card. I like the non-traditional colour scheme too.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunning little card Debby, great design and I love the colour too.
Lorraine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely STUNNING, I love love love it.

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Debby! I'd would have added the waste too - it makes the wording look more visually pleasing, Jo x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card Debby.
Sue x

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Simple and elegant!
Loved this card!
Cheers!

Pat said...

This is a lovely elegant card Debby and the little scene you have made is perfect. I agree with you about putting the pieces back in the letters. x

Amy O said...

What a pretty, clean scene! I love the die cut sentiment and pretty snowflake. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Super, super elegant. I like it a lot x

Linda Callahan said...

Love it!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, Love Hazel (Didos) x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous card Debby, love the colour. Susan.

Trudy said...

Gorgeous card Debby.
Hugs Trudy

Jacee said...

Lovely classy card Debby.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Chrissy said...

I love how you added the waste to the word 'Christmas' Debby..I'm with you on that detail..gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

so gorgeous debby.i love your fab winter scene ;D

xx coops xx

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Debby,, very simple design but so effective, hugs Kate x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debby, a very stylish card.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Very simple, very classy card.

Kath x

Julie said...

Super classy card Debby! Hugs, Juliexx

Viv said...

wish I'd have got this die Debby! Great card. x

Tracy said...

Those little houses in the snow drifts look so cozy. Just right for Christmas time. Hugs!

Tammy said...

I'm with you, I always want that empty space in a little put back! Beautiful card and such a pretty contrast with the white!

Jen Timko said...

Such a fantastic use of those die cut images! Wow! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

OH Babs said...

What a lovely card. The die cuts are perfect and I love the two colors on the card.

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, I love this! Gorgeous!