Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Anything but a card

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Winter Birthday Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too. 
This week the challenge is

Anything But A Card


This week we are showcasing We R Memory Keepers Products. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I had that sinking moment when I realised the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is for Anything but a card.

But I have in my possession a die that could make my life easier and that is the Tim Holtz Sizzix die for a matchbox.   It was very easy to adjust the W R are Memory Keepers Urban Chic papers 6 inch papers on the die but you do have to make the base and drawer wrap separately.

I used a bit of Doodlebug Beetle Black twine to make my handles and stuck them all together to may a little chest of drawers.


Time to decorate, I needed flowers, this time I used Simon Says Stamp Hydrangea die but I add some Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes for theirs centres, the pearls I found in my stash. My leaves are Penny Black Jolly Holly die that I recently brought. 


Apologies for the dodgy photos, I take my cards with a photo stand ( I know I still manage to take them crooked) but my little chest I had to take them free hand and the camera doesn't cope well with shaking hands.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

12 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

This looks lovely, beautiful colours and love all the little finishing touches.
Sending hugs xxx

Lorraine A said...

I LOVE this Debby, what a gorgeous chest of drawers!! the shabby chic design papers and details are absolutely fabulous!! ❤️

luv
Lols x x x

Virginia L. said...

Very intricate and beautiful, Debby! Well done on these match boxes!!

Pat said...

I love your pretty little boxes and the flowers and holly leaves go beautifully Debby. x

Lin said...

I love the mix of patterns, Debby! And the little snowflakes in the centers of the flowers is a sweet touch!

Dawn Darlene said...

Love those flowers and the vines going off the sides really add interest!

Sarah said...

Such a sweet little chest of drawers Debby, so pretty xx

Lorraine said...

A lovely little set of drawers. Love the pretty papers
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Pretty set of drawers, Carol S.xx

Cheryl W. said...

These would be perfect for little girly gifts to someone special. I once made a set of paper drawers for my granddaughter and filled them with hair ribbons, barrettes and jewelry. She loved it!

Lynne in NI said...

Great job Debby! Love your little boxes, fab mix of DPs too.

Karen Sue said...

I love this, so cute, I just adore little match box projects,