Friday, September 19, 2008

Reminiscing Saturday

Yes I know this is another Christmas card and yes I know its Charlie again but it is different papers this time from Doodlebug, I've also used Friday Sketchers this week from Kristine. The silver embossed panel and snowflakes I used the cuttlebug, the mesh with lumps on (suppose to look like snow!) was very popular years ago and I put a bit of blue card behind so you can see it.

Now 60 plus years ago a small baby girl was born and for the next 15 years she was the only girl in the family until I came along that is, so I wanted to wish my Sis a Happy Birthday
This card was made for my Mum to give to Sis, I used the elegant lady from Simply Stamps and paper pieced her outfit to match the papers I was using on the card. The papers were BG and the pink card it was touch and go whether I had enough, had to gut the centre out of the main piece to make the second mat. The sentiment was printed on the PC and I think the sketch was from last weeks Friday Sketchers.

Now this card was for Ismaki for last week, loved it so much decided not to show it and give it to my Sis for her Birthday. The stamp I brought from the Glitter Pot after seeing a sample using it like this, the papers are all BG Lillykate.
This is the back of the oval, the stamp is Anita's.I have to confess that there is now a pretty piece of card inside and not the stark white and there is a Happy Birthday sentiment in the corner but has the camera was having a hissing fit last night I've had to settle to use the photos I orginally took last week.

Hope you all have a good weekend, fingers crossed I might be going to the Demo day at the Glitter Pot and then tonight its Mother and Daughters night out and we're off to Wings in Farnborough.




31 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Debby,

what a fabulous cards again.
I love all 3 of them. I know your sis is going to like them too.
Have lots of fun today.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

PS: hop over to my blog, there's a award waiting for you.

Ruth (ooffee) said...

GORGEOUS cards - especially the last one...I love the way the oval swings round. I must find out how to do that!

Simone said...

Wow, I´m fascinated!
Simone

Hannah said...

wow fab cards i love the images you have used on your cards and the colours are fab.
hannahxx

Sue said...

wow,i love all these cards,they are gorgeous,great choice of papaers on all of them:)

sue
xx

Sarah said...

Three very different but equally amazing cards!
xx :0)

Leanne said...

Your cards are absolutely stunning, amazing in fact. I hope that one day I can be as good as you!!
Leanne xx

mueppi said...

Wow... Debbie
a lot of wonderful cards!!!
They are all fantastic!
Hugs Gisela

cats whiskers said...

Wow Debbie 3 really stunning cards, Your sister is going to be over the moon, I love the paper piecing and that glorious stamp, and the dress stamp I have that at the bottom of my stamp box must get it out now, that card is awesome so much work, and of course Charlie and his snowballs just love the colours, I have some of that net stuff in mauve, never used it as wasn't sure how to get it to adhere to anything. Debbie you are one very talented crafter. Looks like you are in for a great weekend, enjoy it Hugs
Jac

Alison said...

Cute, stunning and very elegant cards. Love how you have stamped around the oval.

Allison said...

great cards, love that dress stamp and the colours you used
AllisonX

Cathy said...

Debby these are stunning! I love the cards for your sister, so elegant and fab colours.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Rach said...

wow fantatastic cards...love them all. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards, your sister's cards are fabulous. Tbanks for joining us again at FS.
Carole ;D

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Hi Debby,

Oh wow what wonderful cards!!

I have tagged you, look at my blog for details!!

Julie

Jill said...

wow Debby, these are all absolutely stunning I love them all and the paper piecing just looks amazing, I could just keep sitting here looking at them all night Jill x

Jilli said...

Debby, these cards are absolutely stunning, I love the cards you've made for your sis, they're gorgeous. Jillix

darcy48 said...

Fab cards Debby you are very clever x

Tara Godfrey said...

Debby, Your cards are simply gorgeous!!!! Your FS card is fantastic...love, love, love, the pp, the colours and your colouring is fabulous...love the mesh too! Ok, I Love it all!!!
Smile! Tarag

Andrea said...

All cards are so gorgeous.
But my favorite is the last one

Anne said...

Stunning cards. Wish I was your Sis! xx

Mrs Wonka said...

What great cards, I love the FS sketchers one as I LOVE doodlebug!

Mrs Wonka x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh these cards are absolutely gorgeous. Your style is so professional and shines through on all your creations.

Cardmaking Galore said...

All cards are stunning. The last one you made for the ismake is just fab!

Cardmaking Galore said...

All cards are stunning. The last one you made for the ismake is just fab!

Annie said...

more fabulous cards! love the twirly girly one and the cutie with the snowballs! hugs, annie x

carolann said...

Wow I love all of these card s hun the are absolutely brilliant well done (clapping)xxxxxx

COCO said...

wo very nice card's and chic !!!!

Kristine said...

Amazing cards!!
Thanks for joining the FS this week and for using my sketch!
Hugs
Kristine

Kathy said...

WOw!! What gorgeous cards!! You have been busy!! AND all with such lovely details!! :)Kathy

Kathleen said...

These are both beautiful cards and I really love the paper-piecing.
Kathleen