Monday, September 15, 2008

Magnificent Monday

I pretty much couldn't wait to ink this little beauty up, it could be that I share a similar shape and have affinity with her. Her name is Petunia and is a Kadoodle stamp by Sandra Dry, when I saw her and her friends at the Craft Barn she went on my shop list. Yes it is those Making Memories papers but Sandra had made all her Bathing belles cards in pink and they were stunning and I knew these papers would work well. I've used Sketch Saturday this week and the swirling corners are from the Storybook cricut cartridge, definitely be using them again.

Feeling smug at the moment, my CJ entry is done and both cards for Sis for Saturday are finished even to the point the inserts and after many false starts (I presumed the size of the mini books) boxes for the two finished mini books.

The garden is full of the conifer trees, well the tops of them and we are only half way there, we was going to put up a new fence instead of OH trimming the hedge each year because its such a big job but with other things beening done instead it looks like it will have to wait. So the plan is to chop the tops down at least a couple of feet so its easier to trim but its creating a huge mess on the lawn.


27 comments:

Maria said...

Very nice card, sweet colours and a great stamp!

greetings Maria

Murielle said...

Very lovely composition, Debby!!
Great colours and details!
Hugs, Mumur

Beth said...

She's brilliant! What a fab card to make someone smile! I love the papers too xx

Rach said...

ooooh Debby this is fantastic, hope that you had a fabby time at the craft barn...Hugs rachxx

Debbie said...

Oh I love Petunia Debby, She is fabulous and I love how you have decoupaged the image. Thanks for joining us this week at sketch Saturday. Debbie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Debby, love the fun image and the beautiful colour scheme you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Annie said...

Oo I love this bathing beauty, and I share her voluptuous figure shape too! love her in pink with the little touch of bling on her bonnet. annie x

Amanda said...

brilliant image. fab card x

Bev said...

What a briliant card!! Love the image ebby - could be me lying there cept I ain't no bathing beauty lol.. If I got into a bather there would be a total eclipse of the sun!!!!

Love the colours and papers too.

hugs Bev x

Anne said...

Beautiful card Debby, love the stamp of Petunia! x

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Oh what a lovely card Debby, I love the stamp! Great colours.

Julie

carolann said...

Brilliant card the image is fantastic
the colours you have used
look so fab well done hun xxxx

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the colours and the image is just fabulous!

cats whiskers said...

Wonderful card Debby, it has really brightened my day, such great backing papers but that image is so wonderful, I really want those stamps going to have to put them on my wish list now
Hugs Jacqui x

Enfys said...

Oh look at her! She looks just like a dozen people I see by the pool here in Florida, no of course It's not like me, I'm the image of Elle McPherson, didn't you know? Gorgeous card, in vibrant summery colours. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, what a fun stamp! Love the papers too....you must hava a lot of them! Carole ;-)

Anonymous said...

Too stinkin cute! Looks just like me on the beach these days!

Sue said...

What a fun card, i love the image and the colours,i just lurves it:)

sue
xx

Annapurna said...

How cute! She looks like she is really lying down on the beach.

Someday you have to show us the process you go through to make the images on your cards look so real. Do you paper piece them? Do you different height dimensionals? How do you get so much life into them. You are AWESOME at making these puppies (cards) :-)

Kathy said...

What a great card!! The colors are so cherry and ain't she gorgeous!!! Love the scroll corners ~ they are so pretty!! :)Kathy

Brocéliane said...

love your beautiful card Debby :)

Brocéliane

Ann said...

I love this card Debby, the image is just brilliant, and so are the colours xx

Heather Huggins said...

Oh my gosh I love her. I'm going to have to find me one too.

Mrs Wonka said...

Love the stamp....I need it!

Mrs Wonka x

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, great papers and that image is fab, thanks for joining us this week
Gill x

Diane said...

OMG!!! She's just darling!!!!!
Love your paper and your corner thingys!!! Fab card!

Jill said...

such a fab image and perfectly coloured in I love the little gem on the sunhat, and those papers are gorgeous Jill x