Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Oxide Rose


I wanted a Get Well card for a special crafty friend who has been in hospital since before Christmas, hope she is back crafting with the card ladies at the monthly crop I go to.

I already had some green smooch oxides so I made some pink ones but I didn't blend out the white. I then stamped Simon Says Stamp More Spring Flowers into the backgrounds then fussy cut them.

I love how my large bloom turned out, I also used the Simon says Stamp Summer Flowers to hide the ends of the other leaves. It was at this point I realised I needed to give the leaves some height because the proportions didn't look right.

So I put them in a vase that actually looks like a plant pot but may use the idea again. Its the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Ovals and used the straight edge of the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Banner to cut the top and bottom.

I used the Ovals to make the actual card for my bloom and I used a paintbrush and some watered down oxides to flick  over the card to make it more interesting rather than plain. The sentiment is a Paper Smooches.


Simon Says Stamp


9 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty l am liking the Rose image too! x

Pat said...

Such a beautiful rose and leaves which look great in your vase Debby, and the smooshed pink and green card for the leaves and flower looks wonderful, and love the splattering in the background too. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning effect and card Debby.
Faith
x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful rose and leaves with great dimension. Love how you did them with the oxide inks, and your vase looks fine, very creative.

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card Debby. Hope your friend is better soon
Lorraine x

Martie Rollin said...

Beautiful card! My friends and family have gotten so used to my highly dimensional 3D flowers that when I take the time to create a flower like this, they are disappointed...telling me that I should go back to my inch deep blooms. Crazy! this technique is gorgeous!

Cheryl W. said...

This is such a pretty card, Debby. Your friend will love it and appreciate your crafty skill.

Fikreta said...

very pretty card!