Saturday, February 17, 2018

Monkey Tail



While I made this card I was thinking that the Simon Says Stamp Picture Book Monkey had something missing and I knew it was a tail. I mentioned that the Simon Says Stamp Picture Book cat had one that would work and its finally arrived in my craft room so I needed to see if it worked. Didn't know there are two monkeys till finding the links the other one is out of stock.

I decided to use this week's Splitcoast Stampers card sketch SC684 would work for my little monkey.
I made the frame using Simon says Stamp Stitched Squares using the wooden look paper from the  Echo Park I love Family I also used the paper with the Simon says Stamp stitched Rectangles for the main background mat and for behind the wooden frame.

For the leaves I used the Simon says Stamp Circle of Leaves but I just cut the leaves out. I double mounted the sentiment and stuck the leaves stems behind the banner. The stamp set I used for the tiny birthday sentiment was Simon says Stamp Sketched Ranunculus.

I personally think my monkey tail is perfect.




Simon Says Stamp


8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I happen to think it ALL perfect, love the background and the cute monkey - and his tail.
Faith
x

Pat said...

What a sweet monkey and love his tail Debby and the trees dp works well for the background, also you have used the SCS sketch beautifully with your stitched mats and pretty leaves and banner sentiment. x

Chrissy said...

I think your monkey tail is perfect too Debby..love the background papers and card design..very cute.

luv CHRISSYxx

Brawny x said...

Fab card so cute Debby x

Lorraine said...

He looks fab, love the background paper too.
Lorraine

Lynne in NI said...

Great monkey Debby, love his tail! Perfect DP too :)

Cheryl W. said...

Perfect, indeed! This is such a fun card. That little monkey is the cutest - especially with the addition of his new tail!

Fikreta said...

very nice card!