Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Blue Birds

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Add A Sentiment


We are showcasing Clearly Besotted Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I love these cute Clearly Besotted You're So Tweet birds, I even brought them before I knew about the challenge.

First of I had to make a card for them, so first used Oxides where i made my grass, sky and sun background. I then cut out the Simon Say Stamp Birch Column twice, one I put to one side while the other was smooched into some Brown Oxides stamped onto a craft mat and misted with a bit of water. I then blended a bit of the lighter brown to cover up all bits of white left. Added a bit of green using a copic and fussy cut the trees away so I could stick them onto the one put to one side.

Once the background was stick behind the trees I then used the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles die. It did struggle with so many layers but a little trim with a sharp pair of scissors did the trick.

It was at this point things started to go wrong, I was in two minds which blue inkpad to use and went with the Island Blue because I thought it would show up more. It was at this point I got out the the You're So Tweet die set and using some wire gutters I cut the spokes when one went flying into what I thought was my junk draw ( it isn't now I had to tidy it up) but it has disappeared somewhere in my craft room.

It was once I stuck the birds down that I'm now wondering whether I should have stamped them in turquoise and now I've just noticed that I haven't coloured their beaks. I blame me age!!!!!!! 



Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.

12 comments:

Pat said...

A beautiful card Debby and love the sweet little birds and the oxide inked scene with the pretty trees makes a wonderful foil for the little birds and the sentiment is just perfect. x

Christine Dol said...

As always Debby this is a great card made by you. You always do such a wonderful card! I love all your ideas of different layouts!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby :-) the little birds are super cute and I love the background! I have never thought to colour the tree trunks like that, they look fabulous! :-) As for the not coloured beaks, I really like them left like that and would never have thought it was accidental ;-)

Hope you find the missing die! That has happened to me on more than one occasion :-/

luv
Lols x x x

Tracy Freeman said...

It's lovely Debby, I've lost so many dies that way, they always turn up though x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Debby! The birds are so cute and your scene looks fabulous.
I hope you find the missing die xx

Karen K said...

Beautiful Debby, happy hunting !

Lucille K said...

Wonderful card, love all the layers. A true gem :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh these wee guys are adorable, Love Hazelx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An absolute delight, with coloured beaks or no, hope you have found your "spoke" LOL.
Faith
x

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Debby, love the scene you've created.
Lorraine x

Brawny x said...

Aw how cute Debby. Fab card x

Cheryl W. said...

Such a cute card! I love those little blue birds.