Friday, December 15, 2017

Santa


Look whats been hiding in my drafts its Santa although the layout is based on this card I made a couple of years ago.

I've used the Picture Book Santa from Simon Says Stamp, its the first time using him and I need to work out the beard and hat. Now looking at it I think it work better if I cut the hat brim away from his beard.

I used the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle and their Wavy Scallop border dies and some Doodlebug Milk and Cookies paper. Both the sentiments came from SSS's Christmas Message Strips and finally some fun foam Stitched Snowflakes.

Last week, travelling upset my neck and shoulder and this week I've gone down with a heavy cold and sore throat just what I need. Worse still I haven't been able to crochet, any loose fibres make my throat worse so after a day annoying hubby all day I found something to do.


My daughter remembers me finishing the hand quilting part of this stocking when she was 10 she is now in her thirties. You are suppose to put the matching one to the back but my Sister who showed me what to do said to do them separately and put a plain backing that way you have two.

 Well this stocking has been waiting to be backed for 23years. Mainly because I had hoped my sister would do it for me but she wouldn't since she know I am quite capable which has you can see I am. So now I'm hand quilting the other one and luckily it doesn't make my throat worse and Hubby can sigh with relief.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely cards Debby and the stocking looks incredible and worth the wait!! xx

Pat said...

What a sweet Santa Debby and I love the stitched frame and pretty paper and slanted scalloped and stitched border, and the fun foam snowflake works beautifully. Great sentiments too. x

Pat said...

Sorry Debby, I meant to say love your vintage Christmas stocking and you have made a great job of it, and a wonderful idea to back it with another plain fabric so you make two instead of one. Do hope your cold is soon better. x

Wishcraft said...

Cute Santa and fab design... your stocking looks lovely too! Hugs, Lisa x

Martie Rollin said...

LOVE that Santa beard card! Way too cute!

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous makes Debby!

Fikreta said...

so very nice!
happy holidays! 🎄🎅⛄
hugs , Fiki

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is super cute and the stocking is gorgeous! I don't know how you get so much done. It seems I fiddle away my time and accomplish only half the things I want to so.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the suer cute Santa and fabulous sticking. Hipe you feel better soon. Thank you for the gorgeous card x

sanpiseth40 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greta said...

Hope you feel better soon, Debby! The stocking is just amazing--great use of your sick time! The Santa card is really cute--love the printed paper!

Anne said...

Love both these Debby, perfect Christmas cards!
Hope you feel better soon

Anne x