Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Autumn Birthday

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Thinking of You Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Photo Inspiration

and here is a fabulous mood board created for us by the lovely Jenn Shurkus 

We are showcasing Paper Smooches Products this week! You don't have to use them to join in with the challenge but if you have some we would love to see them used!
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I didn't want to make a Halloween card its not something we send to each other here in the UK although they are fun to make. As soon as I saw the Silhouette Flowers from Paper Smooches I knew I was going to use them. At the time I hadn't worked out how.

In the end I got out the Oxides and used my favourite technique since its easy to do. I stamp a craft Sheet with the inkpad and mist some water and smooch the cardstock in the ink. I made 3 different colourways and then used dies to cut them out. I then blended ink in places where the initial ink smooching missed or to bring out more colour, for example the purple flowers.

I love those dragonflies couldn't believe my luck when I saw them in the die set. I decided to cut out the word Autumn with Paper Smooches Sassy Letters  well I thought it was Doodlebug Booville but then I worked it out it wasn't so it could be I Love Family by Echo Park both are out of stock now they weren't when I made the card. To be honest as long as its an Autumn orange or yellow any make would do.

To finish I added Birthday Wishes using Simon Says Stamp Best Hugs.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.


18 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Debby! I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Your card is gorgeous, I love those cute little dragonflies too
xxx

Lin said...

Lovely, Debby - it's a sweet transition from summer to fall!

Tracy Freeman said...

It's lovely Debby, the dragonflies are perfect and the colours are so pretty. Hope you are having a nice birthday x

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

I love the colors you've used, Debby. The purple flowers remind me of the Widows Tears that are still blooming in my garden and are so pretty amongst all the other flowers that have come to seed. This card is so pretty with the wonderful layout.

Jackie said...

Very cute message idea!! TFS!

Maria said...

What a wonderful card for an auntmn birthday... so much inspiration ... I have never thought to use fall colours or anything fall for the birthdays we celebrate ... thanks for sharing

Pat said...

What a fabulous die cut scene Debby and I love the cute little dragonflies and the prettily coloured flowers, and a great idea to make the three colours of smooshed card and then die cut out of them. I love that dp in the background and for the sentiment too. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card for an Autumn birthday Debby

Anne

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Debby is your card x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debby, beautifully designed and coloured card, Kate x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card. Hope you have had a lovely Birthday x

Brawny x said...

Fab card Debby x

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous, Debby! I love that sassy font... it really POPS! : )


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cheryl W. said...

Love your card. Those dragonflies are awesome!

Sarah said...

A brilliant card Debby xx

sanpiseth40 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful autumn card! I love the colour of the spotty card you used and those die cut flowers 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

Unknown said...

I am looking for my memories through the stories, the narrative of people. I feel it is difficult but I will try.
povaup