Friday, June 23, 2017

Crochet Update


I haven't done a crochet update for a while, now you remember I have three baby blankets to make here's one completed. Colour wise this was easy since the mum to be knows what sex she is having.

The blanket is one I've done before Rainbow Ripple Blanket, this will be my third. But to change things up a bit I've made a matching security blanket and while I found the pattern for the elephant easy I couldn't get on with the blanket so I gave up and made the Rainbow Ripple and it worked out fine. It could simply be me.

I stitched sleeping eyes and they are fully stitched and secured and should survive any washing and being dragged around.


Still not convince the colours are truly a baby blanket so it could another project on hold but I absolutely love making  Helen Shrimpton's Rosslyn Blanket. It is a paid patterned and nearly had heart failure when I printed out the pattern only 40 pages and in colour too.

I have progressed a bit since I took the photo and I'm trying my best to make it mainly cream and I using only the four colours. My wool is Stylecraft Special love their colours, in this case I'm using Cream, Sage, Lavender and the new Buttermilk.

7 comments:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful! loving the colours too! x

Pat said...

Fabulous work Debby and the ripple blanket is such a pretty shape and love the colours, and who could resist that cute elephant! The beautiful pattern in the second photo looks quite difficult but will be gorgeous when finished and I adore the colours. x

Sarah said...

Gosh, what fabulous work Debby, the Rainbow Ripple Blanket and comforter are a wonderful set. I can't wait to see what Rosslea looks like finished, it's beautiful already!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both such beautiful work Debby.
Faith
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous baby blanket and the little ellie looks so cute. Love the start of the new blanket too, very pretty
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous baby blanket.xxx

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Wow, that baby blanket is just the cutest!! Now I really want to learn how to crochet...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!