Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Make for the Borders


KidsChallenge-01-600x74
CLICK HERE to go straight to the Kids Vacation Challenge

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Let's Go Wild Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

Make For The Border

We are showcasing Memory Box Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px



I apologise for yet another Christmas Cards but so called friends on FB keep reminding me and brain washing me to make them.

Now I have some current border dies from Memory Box but I decided that I may need a couple to add to my collection and this challenge gave me a reason to do so. I brought the Memory Box Fresh Pine Curved Border and the Warm Wishes Border. When I cut the Pine Trees they looked like the wind tried to blow them over! So a little tip I used the front cover of the envelope the die came in and it places the trees upright then add the layers you want.

The Warm Wishes border I cut then cut in blue and trimmed the words off and stuck on the white, while doing this is would have been much easier to cut of the white words and slot the blue behind the white. Also I would keep the blue dots so I could add them into the white holes.

So thats the borders now for my snow I used the Simon Says Stamp Be Joyful and stamped the snowfalling in Versamark and embossed with clear powder. Then used a couple of Distress Ink to colour the night sky Chipped Sapphire and Broken China.

Now my snow scene looked a bit plain I could have added another border but instead I used the North Pole from Simon Says Stamp Retro Christmas and carefully cut it with a tiny white border so I could keep the strings for the lights.

I haven't made next week's DT challenge card, I will try to make it non Christmassy but no promises.


So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Instagram
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge 

There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out


Simon Says Stamp 

15 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card, love the snowy background and fabulous design x

Sammy said...

Oh this is a brilliant card Debby. LOVE it! And don't apologise... I for one appreciate the reminder that I haven't actually started mine yet! lol. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love the border dies you used, the trees and the sentiment are fabulous!
My apologies, am I one of the friends who remind you about Christmas? it will soon be here tho' ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous Christmas card. It will be here before we know it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous winter scene! Love how you put the sentiment on the slope!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Whisper said...

Oooo such a super Xmas card, Luv Sam x

D K Crafts said...

Hi Debby, this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Love your tree border and North Pole sign. Donna

Chrissy said...

I love the borders dies Debby and the snowy sky..fabulous Christmas card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I am having trouble commenting now you don't have a pop up box, sometimes the iPad doesn't like embedded comments. Typed this once so will try again. I think I must be on the so called friends making Christmas cards. I love this card, I am a sucker for a borde die and I love that North Pole. Fab card x

Carol S. said...

Beautiful card and love the design. The tree border is brilliant. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards. Love your new border dies xx

Lin said...

What a wonderful winter scene, Debby! The North Pole is so fun!

Pat said...

These two borders are fabulous Debby and I love the trees and the sentiment which work together beautifully. I also love the added signpost with the string of lights and you have coloured the sky and blended the inks superbly. x

Cheryl W. said...

I love your wintery scene. You're always so creative, and standing your sentiment on the snow hill is proof of that - clever!

Susi said...

I'm glad your FB friends urged you to make more Christmas cards as we now have this lovely creation to drool over! It's gorgeous and a wonderful combination of border dies and details.